-Forty-One-

Lanterns swing gladly

Happy thoughts in tranquil minds

Winds howling blissful

Amani:

"I'm so thankful I can have a dress that can fit around my belly. I didn't think I would grow so much in a matter of weeks." Lesedi said as the tailor quickly made adjustments to the dress she was set to wear for The Day of Doves ball that was only about a week from now. This was going to be her first debut since the pregnancy announcement, I'm sure people were curious as to who she was and now with her growing stomach, modifications need to be made so that she looked polished and perfected for the event.

It was up to me as per the Empresses' words that she doesn't come off as an "embarrassment." The Day of Doves was going to be an exciting weekend, Idizia turned up to a complete ten for its official Independence Day. My group of friends already had plans for the entire weekend and I'm sure the entire city did as well; Éliane informed me that this was always a special time for Idizians, everyone got work off and there were going to be huge parades and more to celebrate.

It was definitely the breath of fresh air needed after attending the Remembrance of Lights ceremony that was held every year in February to remember the passing of the former Royal Family; it was a pretty somber day. The current Royal Family made an official appearance as they usually did with their own sticks of light, gathering at the balcony as the crowds of saddened Idizians joined them, their own candles held up as they sung for them.

This was my first time participating in such event and it was very intense, but I could understand why they felt so deeply on the topic, I myself had seen the pictures of the family and was saddened by how abruptly they were taken from the world. The Royal Family went to church after that and I joined along, but other than that it was a pretty quiet day; everyone was respectful and didn't call attention themselves for the mourning period.

On the bright side of it all, my parents were finally coming to Idizia! They had promised me that they were coming down for The Day of Doves celebration and I was holding them to that. It's going to be so amazing spending time with them, we could go up to Doe and be with Grandma Zenny, Uncle Zyair and my cousins, like the big happy family we were. I was literally beaming from inside and out. All these preparations definitely took my mind off the proposal from not only my boss Harmony but Empress Madeline as well.

After a tennis match against his majesty and Prince Layton, she formally asked me to be a permanent part of the team here in the palace; I was flattered, but I also knew I had been offered the V.P. position by Harmony. I was honest with my boss and called her letting her know of the offer, she told me that it was up to me whatever choice I made and was giving me until the end of April to formally decide. She didn't really seem angry about it, maybe even a little impressed I could score something like this in the time I've been here.

I wish maybe that she had been angry or something of the sort, it would help sway my decision, but her impassiveness left me even more confused than I began. Should I stay or should I leave? The question constantly swirling through my head back and forth until I couldn't take it anymore.

Funny enough, that trip to the museum Layton surprised me with really made me want to double-down more on the idea of staying here; it was so sweet of him, and it showed that he did listen to me when I said I wanted to get to know more about the history of Idizia and more; he shut down the entirety of the OMAH for me.

Because he loved me.

The thought made my heart flutter and it was true the more and more the days went by, the deeper I fell for him; at this rate it would nearly impossible for me to leave. Especially when he was so good at taking care of me, and I say that because the day after the museum, I had fallen ill; and I mean I felt as if someone had hit me with a truck.