-Forty-Two-

Success of a wish

Frozen time commanding me

Boats drift eternally

Amani:

"From the look of both of your faces I would've thought death himself came knocking across your doors." Amory looked back and forth at the both of us, abandoning the book he had cradled in his hands with curiosity. He chuckled when we hadn't responded to his light joke, "Everything alright?" He narrowed his gaze, "Please don't tell me you both got caught?" He insinuated when we once again hadn't responded to his inquisition.

            Both Layton and I remained neutral with our facial expressions.

            Amory's face slowly sunk as he looked as his twin. I don't know if it was some telepathic communication of some sort, but almost as if he could sense deep within him that something was deeply wrong, he immediately stood up with panic and worry. "What's wrong? What happened?" He quizzed him instantly.

            Layton cleared his throat after having spent the last few hours with me, expressing his deepest concerns about this entire dilemma, we both agreed Amory had to know; his twin was very much involved in what this new news had to say about their potential futures, the sooner he knew, the better.

            "We need to speak somewhere privately... come." Layton gestured for Amory and I to follow him and we did, walking to the near back of the empty library into that very same room Layton and I had...

            Made love.

            I would've been a lot more phased by the moment by being in this room again, if it weren't for the fact that there were bigger issues to deal with at the moment; I could think about sex later. Layton needed me and soon Amory would the same; I had to be there for them as their PR and help them figure this out the best way possible.

            Layton shut the door behind us as Amory leaned against one of the wooden frames connecting to the small window outside, "Dear God, I hadn't been in this room in years... I almost forgot it existed." He looked around slowly taking in the stuffy room filled with older texts and shook his head before returning his attention to his brother.

            "So, what's happened... this is the quietest I've heard you all year." He stated.

            I cleared my throat, "Amory... this is going to come a quite a shock... I mean I didn't expect to overhear this, but this is very serious." I stated as I hopped on one of the older desks and sat, trying to make myself comfortable as best as I could; I didn't know how long I would be in here with them.

            Amory scoffed, "Seriously, the way you two are acting right now, it's almost as if someone died I—." Prince Layton cut his brother off abruptly.

            "We've been lied to!" He said to him.

            Amory froze for a second, his thick brows burrowing against his forehead in confusion, "Lied to, how so?" He looked over at me with for some elaboration since Layton decided at that exact moment to go quiet, I think it was hard for him to utter the words from his own lips so I sighed and decided it was probably best for me to break the news to him instead.

            "Amory brace yourself but..." I bit my lip as I thought of how to word this, "Layton was on his was to Her Imperial Majesty's office to expose us, but before he could get to it, we overheard your mother say somethings that I don't think we're meant to be overheard." I said was my attempt to soften the blow before the big reveal.