-Twenty-Seven-

Lovers intertwined

Sweet delights emerged at last

Blessings in the spring

Layton:

"Well.... this is me." I watched as Amani gestured towards her door; she wasn't even looking at me, her gaze was casted towards the ground as if she were embarrassed about something. I reached out to her and pulled her chin up to face me and she quickly looked around with pure paranoia written on her face.

            "Layton! Don't do this... not here while someone can see us!" She scolded me.

            I smirked, "So... you don't mind us doing this then in private?" I teased her.

            She narrowed her gaze at me and pulled her face from my hands, turning to get the door open to her room. I watched her silently, her neck was exposed and her faux-locs still wet from hopping into the pool; my gaze followed a single drop of water as it slowly trickled down her neck and into the back of her blouse; I wanted so much to be that droplet of water right now, she had no idea.

            Amani unlocked the door and quickly slipped in, I attempted to as well but she damn near closed the door in my face, "No!" She warned me. I peeked my face in the small crack she had left open to speak to me. "Go back to your room, Prince Layton." She said.

            I shook my head, "Don't you want to talk about what happened back at the pool?" I asked her curiously. I watched as he face did a series of shifts before she sighed deeply, "That... shouldn't have happened, it was a moment of weakness. Please forgive my moment of unprofessionalism." She said formally.

            I frowned. "First of all, you're more than welcome to call me Layton now and I think we both know that wasn't a moment of weakness for the both of us." I said to her in a serious tone.

            Amani stood silent for a moment, her eyes casted on me with a seriousness that told me she wasn't playing around, "Prince Layton... I am once again asking that you completely forget about that and just let it go, I shouldn't have let you." She informed me.

            My shoulders sunk against my body, why did she keep reiterating that the kiss shouldn't have happened? I think it should have... I could still feel the remnants of her soft lips against mine, the way her body felt in my palms... it was out of this world; I wanted that... I wanted all of it again, right now. I turned my gaze back to the empty halls of the employee's quarters, everyone had to be asleep at his point, it was really late.

            I turned back to Amani and smirked, "I'm going to start yelling my ass off if you don't let me in so we can at least talk about this." I said to her.

            Her gaze narrowed on me so much, her eyes turned into slits. "Don't you dare." She said in-between clenched teeth. I chuckled pulling my head away from the door long enough to stuff my hands into the pockets of my paths, "Try me... I will wake up this entire floor, Miss Cloutier." I challenged her.

            We both stood there back and forth trading gazes with one another before she shut the door in my face; I was a bit shocked by that reaction, but barely got anytime to do anything about it before she ripped the door open again and allowed me to pass.

            I grinned the entire time I walked in there.

            "Don't make that face, you jerk!" She shut the door behind me and I sighed deeply. She turned and leaned against the door with her eyes closed as if she were thinking to herself. I slowly walked up to her, she barely noticed my presence and still had her eyes closed the entire time; I wondered what she was thinking about? Or perhaps she wasn't thinking at all and was simply existing at the moment after what just happened.