-Five-

Judgment the applause

Lonely heart awoken now

Games played at day

Layton:

"God! Is it that hard to get some decent service around here, I mean you would think we live in a shack and not a palace!" I groaned to myself, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited on the servants to get my brother and I our lunch for the day. We were both seated at the palace gardens having a chat amongst each other. Our mother wanted us to both be in the palace in my opinion, keeping us captive since the recent incident of my hangover during an important event where our attendance was needed.

I couldn't help it that I went to a party the night before, liquor just didn't stay in me like it used to when I was younger. Regardless, I was essentially put on house arrest by mother; she's had it with me at this point and her along with my father mentioned that they were bringing in someone to fix the PR issue that I created for the family.

I don't know why they thought bringing in someone was going to change how I acted. The last guy couldn't get the job done and as a result, my parents got rid of him; poor man I knew he was trying his best but, I was very aware of what I was doing; I liked to have fun. My status allowed me to get away with a lot of things and I was taking full advantage of that.

My goal was to have as much fun as I could in my young in age before I had to take on the responsibility that soon would come to me... being Emperor of Idizia. As the current crown Prince, I had obligations, but nothing was quite set in stone.

My mother and father were just going to have to deal with it until I finally got bored with going through my Idizian Ferris wheel ride. My friends that I kept around me had no problem joining me in engaging in all the partying, sex, etc. that we always did together. They craved my presence around them, I mean who wouldn't? I was a prince.

It's not like they cared about how it affected them, people around me weren't genuine enough to care how I was behaving, just how it was going to benefit them or not. I swear noble kids were always finding the next opportunity for themselves on the social ladder. I knew where I sat with them in that sense, which was why I found it difficult to fully trust and consider the people I was around as friends.
At this point, they were simply associates until I got bored of them.

"It's only been five minutes, Layton. Did you forget how large our home is?" My brother who was leaning back against his chair as he casually read one of his boring novels looked up at me briefly to give me a slightly irritated look; I responded with one back.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" I questioned him.

My twin brother, the other half of me since I've pretty much came into this world has always been a very significant part in my life. Although we differed at times in personality, we were always brothers first before anything and always there for each other. But I have to say, recently he has been becoming quite distant... maybe even annoyed with me and I wasn't quite sure why.

Amory placed the book he was reading against his lap and narrowed his gaze at me, "Nothing crawled up my ass and died... I'm quite frustrated that you're the reason we can't even go out because essentially our mother has put us on punishment like we're twelve years old again!" He said angrily at me.

I frowned, my eyebrows crowning together as I did so. "I didn't do anything!" I denied.

Amory chuckled and returned his attention back to his book. "Of course you didn't brother of mine... you never do. It must be so nice to be twenty-six years old and unable to take responsibility for your actions." He said sarcastically.