-Two-

A lump of red clay

waiting for inspiration.

Naive hands reach out.

Amani:

          "Rose is late... again." Lisa sighed as she wrapped her hands around her steaming cup of coffee, I watched her face remain steady as she idle looked out the restaurant's window in attempt to entertain herself with outside commodities. I caressed my own cup of raspberry tea and brought it up to my lips for a light sip before speaking.

           "Lisa, you know Rose has been extremely busy these past couple of weeks, she's under a lot of pressure." I said to her.

            Lisa turned to me slightly her eyes narrowing, "Busy? With what exactly? Don't you just see and draw in fashion school? How stressful can that be?" She retorted.

            I sighed.

            To the outside world, Lisa could be seen as a very abrasive individual, she was quite blunt in how she spoke to and about others. She's always been like that, since we were kids and met at Saint Helena's School for Girls—a private secondary school we all attended together, including Rose.

            Saint Helena was an extremely expensive school for what they liked to call "women of dignity" it was their motto and they carried themselves as such. Most of the girls that went there came from affluent families in the area or received an academic scholarship, Lisa was one of those girls whose brain gained them entrance into the high-standard school. Both Rose and I met Lisa during a physical education class we all shared together, our team needed one more person and Lisa was available, we had been inseparable since. 

            Lisa was the oldest of three, she had two younger brothers Ryan and Zion that she pretty much has been helping raise with her mother Marie since her father left when she was about 11 years of age. I believe she had a lot of pent-up feelings of being abandoned by her father at such a young age; it just altered the way she approached life.

            Rose and her both clashed a lot and I think part of it had to do with Rose coming from a loving and stable two-parent household. Regardless, Lisa was a hard-working woman, she currently held the position of assistant to the Hospital Administrator at Clearwater Medical Center. She was trying really hard to prove she was worthy of a bigger position in the hospital hierarchy and I hope she succeeded in that.

            "I'm not a fashion designer but I don't think it's as easy as it looks." I adjusted my light-pink Chanel tweed blazer that was hanging over my shoulders silently. Lisa eyed my jacket for a moment, her brown eyes skimming over the fabric before focusing her gaze back on me.

            "Well, she's always been late... it's annoying. If I pulled that crap at work I'd be fired by now." She turned to back outside focusing on the pedestrians slowly walking back and forth. I frowned, but said nothing more instead opting to look through my phone for some more information.

            Ever since Harmony assigned me to work on the royal family of Idizia, I've been doing non-stop research on their patterns, mannerisms, and history of scandal. The twins seemed to be the highlighted focus of where most of things went wrong. There were many pictures of them at parties with girls that weren't their girlfriends at the time, there were some of them attempting to remain incognito as they slipped through the streets of their hometown, there was even one where one of the twins was caught in the backseat of a friend's car who ended up getting a DUI coming back from a wild club night.