-Ninety-Eight-

Knife cuts with rigor

Setting sun shifts in the sands

Leaves drift morning comes

Layton:

           The flower power theme of the Bourluçon Dive seemed to be a big hit with the nobles and the ticket holders of the events alike; I had to agree that this entire place had transformed overnight and turned into this Summertime paradise filled with flowers and great tasting treats. Nyarai and Inyene did an amazing job and paid so much attention to detail, so I wouldn't be surprised if they would head events like this in the future.

            They were both falling into their roles within the Imperial Family with absolute class and grace and I was happy for them. Though I didn't have the best of relationships with Inyene at the beginning, I was glad we were able to absolve our issues, recognize the faults within the courtship—mostly on my part and grow as new individuals.

            She was happy with my brother and eager to marry and start a family with him and I was already in that same ballpark awaiting my first-born, life couldn't be any better. With the re-opening of the Dive, I could see the spirits of the people being lifted and filled with glee and happiness and that was more than what I could ask for as the current Emperor of Idizia.

            And speaking of happiness, I'm sure nothing would bring my wife more joy than for me to return with the fruit cups that I had shamelessly eaten in front of her before she had gotten a bite to taste; I had to keep my woman happy especially now with her pregnancy, her cravings were only becoming more rampant. I was honestly just waiting for the day for her to wake up in the middle of the night wanting some paella from the Fhauri Coast, I don't know what I would honestly do.

            The thought did bring a small chuckle to my chest as I made my way to the sever holding a fresh new load of the simple treats. I requested two, one more for myself and another for Amani, and was on my way back to her when I happened to bump into a group. I stopped walking when I realized they were approaching to address me. I sighed internally knowing there was really no way I could avoid people coming up to me with my title regardless if I wanted to speak or not.

            "Your majesty!" The woman called out to me.

            I focused on the guests approaching me, knowing that if they were the Imperial tent, it was most likely because they were invited for this event which was why there were more heads in here than normal. I did my best to give a curt smile, having no idea what noble family this was.

            Amani was so much better at remembering things like this for me.

            Thankfully for me, my private secretary had rushed over to take the treats from my hand, he whispered to me softly, "The Dormeni and Dormeno of Xanbu, Coralie and Thandi Oquendo... their son Emris is here with his new girlfriend I believe named Zuri." He explained to me. I thanked him kindly, "What would I do without you, Ekene?" I smiled.

            He chuckled, "You flatter me, Emperor Layton."

            I gestured to the fruit treats, "For my wife, please." I informed him and he nodded quickly removing himself from me to give the family a moment to fully come to me.

            "Ah, hello... Coralie, if I'm not mistaken?" I leaned forward as if to appear that I already had knowledge of their names. I watched as the woman named Coralie brightened up at my acknowledgment of her. "Yes! Emperor Layton, it brings me pleasure that we are on the radar of the Imperial Family." She curtsied gracefully, her husband following suit shortly after, bowing beside her.