-Six-

Please note: Here's an up-close look of the map of Idizia and it's regions (Clico being the capital and home to the Royal Family). All the lovely regions are known for something, I thought it would be nice to help give you guys a better visual of things.

Competing fires

Forgotten around my mind

Years pass nearby home

Amani:

"Yes, can I help you?"

I looked directly at the very primed and properly dressed woman who had previously been looking down at a digital tablet device minding her own business prior to me coming up to her. When I got dropped off at the palace, as marveled as I was by the beautiful architecture of the building—and it was stunning, I believe I was dropped off in the wrong area.

I got pushed in with a group of visitors who were touring the palace instead of meeting with the lady that was going to show me around my new workspace for the time being. I had decided to venture off from the tour group and found this woman standing beside the hallway who seemed like she worked here so, I came to her to get some assistance.

"Uh... yes, pardon me, but I believe I am in the wrong area. I'm not here for a tour, I actually have a position here." I said to the woman.

The woman I spoke to had warm brown skin, her coily hair was pulled back into a bun, allowing the rest of her curls to poof towards the back in a cute, but classy hairstyle. Her eyes were dark brown and piercing as she started at me with a nonchalant face. She was wearing what appeared to be like a uniform; it was a dark navy-blue tailored coat with long sleeves and big golden buttons that went down the fabric, she had a matching pencil skirt that fell to her knees in a respectable manner, on her feet she wore plain black pumps with a bit of a heel; she looked very professional and...

Serious.

She looked me up and down. "You're late." She stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, I wasn't late for anything. In fact, I was quite early since the driver came to pick me up, I had to ask her what she was talking about. "Late?" I questioned her.

She sighed deeply, her eyes averting from the tablet to look at me once more. "Yes, late.... Are you hard of hearing? That isn't a good trait for being a maid here." She rolled her eyes as if she were already exhausted with the conversation we were having, "I'm not sure how you passed the interview." She muttered under her breath, but I was standing right there so I heard it all.

I frowned, "I think you have me mistaken." I informed her once I realized who she thought I was.

She shook her head, "No, I don't think I do... you're late for the new maid orientation and you're lost it happens a million times around here... the entrance is down the hall to the left, you will see big wide doors around there, you cannot miss it." She said returning back to her tablet, tapping a few buttons on it in a rushed manner.

My frown grew deeper. Is this how people were going to act in the palace?

So far, the only thing magical thing about this place was the beautiful design both inside and outside, this woman's personality... not so much.

"Again, you have me mistaken. My name is Amani Cloutier, I have been sent by my firm to be the royal family's new PR... I believe I was brought to the wrong area. I'm here to meet with Miss Neneka Kayaode." I said to her in Idizian, I realized she was speaking to me in English because she thought I was one of the tourists.