-Eighty-Four-

All sleep to the West

Spring blossom awaits true fate

Rewards of balance

Layton:

"Today, we are right outside of Maelony Palace, one-week before the highly anticipated Royal Wedding of the Century. Her Majesty, Empress Amani will be wed to Ruisii Layton Mellan at St. Bede Episcopal Church!" The news cast reporter smiled brightly as she gestured towards the front of the palace.

"It's been so long since we've had a Royal Wedding like this in Idizia. Some streets have already been closed-off in preparation for the big day! Idizian citizens will also soon be gearing up to camp out for a really good spot to see all the action happening before them... I can feel literal glitters in my stomach!" The news cast reporter went on and on about all the "alleged" rumors surrounding the guest lists, the cake, and even what dress Amani would be wearing that day; they were all over this thing and thankfully so.

Not too long ago, my brother had made the news concerning his custody battle with Ime; plastered everywhere with speculations of he said, she said, Amani had to quickly throw a few bones out about the wedding to distract them from further inquiring about the ordeal.

"Thank you so much for the update, Tichaona! I think I speak for most when I say we are very much prepared to cover the insider details of all the Imperial Family's royal wedding details... and in addition to that, just recently, Her Majesty and the Ruisii were spotted at the family estate in Doe planting the traditional Idizian cherry tree together; another symbolic royal tradition with the two houses coming together." The other reporter at the studio detailed as the screen began to flash with recent pictures of Amani and I at the residence in Doe.

We invited the press to have pictures as we both partook in planting the tart cherry tree in the garden area; something that has always been done by both sides of the marrying party to show their new beginnings—planting a tree that will eventually grow just like the love for the couple over the years.

It was my first time doing something like this, but I had such an amazing time doing it; we also did one at the Mellan residence so now we both would be a part of each other's families. I can't believe I was a sucker for traditions such as these, but when I take a look at Amani and I's relationship, I can't help but want for all of these traditions and rituals to be very true for our marriage together for many years to come.

"Oh, they are so stunning together and look deeply in love, Femi. I think Idizia really needs this wedding to bring more light to this spring weather." One of the reporters gushed with warm eyes, the other reporter beside her agreed. "Absolutely, Ngozi! Until then, we'll have more news to cover concerning the Imperial Family, until then!" I sighed and shut the television in my office and returned my gaze to the stack of papers that I still had to go through, it was honestly making my head explode; Amani was right we couldn't do all of this all by ourselves, even if we pushed—which we were very much these doing these past few months, it would only cover maybe half of all that needed to be done, not including engagements of the sort that we had to spread our time across.

It made me miss the simpler times when we were at Ormshire; the second time we visited there it was during Christmas time, not too long from when we left the first time but this time we took both sides of our family. It was a good time with everyone especially when we had amazing dinners, ice-skated, rode horses, definitely took more trips up to the hot springs; it was a good time, especially with the changing weather.