-Seventy-Six-

Knowledge of a wish

Nothing left in front of joy

Flags drift side to side

Layton:

"She definitely looks fit for the crown, doesn't she?" I turned slightly to my brother who was standing beside me patiently, hands to his back as he surveyed Amani sitting intricately in the made for photographs chair where she was taking her monarch portraits. I was absolutely speechless when I watched her walk into the Cathedral in her personally made dress by Rose and her diamond Diadem also suited her well as it rested at the top of her head.

Right now, she was wearing the Freedom of Bondage Crown, the same crown monarchs before her had worn before as she posed regally for the camera holding the additional regalia including the signature golden dove in her hand as more snaps of her were taken.

"She does... I can't believe it actually happened." I said to him.

Amory agreed. "Coronations don't come often... I'm glad I was able to partake in one at least once in my life." He stated. I definitely had to agree with him, the next time something like this will happen is when Amani has an heir and finds it fit to step down and let her/him take over; but that won't be for a very long time, so she could enjoy her reign as Empress for as long as she'd like.

I was glad that I was finally seeing her, after being Crowned the Imperial Family usually head out on carriage and take the route set out around Idizia so the remainder of citizens who weren't able to see the processions could see their new sovereign and that usually took roughly two to three hours depending on how things went. While everyone waited, they guests of Maelony and Kentillie were all served a royal luncheon and given time to freshen up before the evening dinner party where Amani would make her second appearance.

"Perfect, Empress Amani! Such beauty and elegance and sophistication!" The photographer called out to her a she continued posing for the pictures; I could read Amani's mind right now, her eyes were telling me everything: Enough with the flatteries, I'm hungry!

No surprise there once they photographer had finished the batch of pictures, she quickly got up and rushed over to the butlers who were serving us appetizers in the private room where we all stood waiting to take photos, so she could have a few bites herself.

Amory chuckled, "Even our Empress needs a break to snack, hm?" He smiled.

I smirked.

Amani then walked over to where Amory and I were standing and without even asking, grabbed my flute of champagne and helped herself to some before setting the half empty glass back in my hand. "Thank you." She sighed before walking back to the backdrop where she would take more photos.

"Yes, help yourself to some!" I called out to her sarcastically, but I really didn't mind. She was my woman, she could have all of my champagne if she wanted, especially after the day she has had, I'm sure she just wanted to put her feet up, but there was still the banquet afterwards that she had to prepare greeting everyone at.

Amani smiled and winked at me before turning her attention back to the pictures; this time she was taking them with Empress Mother who sat beside her in her own regalia, both of their robes trailing to the ground before them. I finished off my glass of champagne and walked over to hand my glass back when I noticed Fionn, Chinasa, and Charmaine all hanging by the window as they both seemed to be chatting adamantly to him. Fionn looked as if he could be anywhere but here at the moment, I'm sure all of this was a lot for him, so I decided to head over and see what all the chatter was all about.