♡1♡

Visas.
A wonderful way to keep track of the days you have left in this wretched world.

Honestly, it's pretty tame compared to most things that arose once the people disappeared.

The murderous games...
The spilled blood...
The frightening amount of casualties...

Putting the personal death clock next to the long list of treacherous feats made it seem like a delicacy.

That is until you have to renew it.

Chishiya sighed and let his head fall against the wall.
How could he let this happen?

This would be his last day if he didn't win the current game of manhunt — only ten times more terrifying.

The Hunter sent to find its prey was armed with a deadly taser (Chishiya could scoff in jealousy) and a strange bunny mask.

Whoever was found was electrocuted to death if they couldn't hide long enough for the timer to run out... or for the Hunter to be killed.

1 predator
4 prey

And Chishiya was oh-so-lucky to be one of the prey.

He was doing well, finding a hiding spot that no one paid a second thought to.
Just a few more minutes and he was alive for a few more days.

"This is light work," he grunted to himself, slightly disappointed for letting the days pass by mindlessly.

He heard a distant scream and let a sigh leave his pursed lips.

Chishiya was intelligent, and he himself knew it.
He's smart, quick-thinking, and observant.
He praises himself for that.

Those traits are what has kept him alive through the agonizing, well-thought out games.
But as attentive as he was... something always has a chance of slipping in.

That thing happened to be you.

Donned in a pair of dark sweatpants and a t-shirt, you slid across the floor and straight into Chishiya's hidey-hole.

He tried to mask his look of surprise with a smirk, but your hand covered his tilted lips, doing the same to your own.

It was difficult for him to make out your expression because of the dark light and the haziness his bout of shock brought.

But it was nearly impossible to miss the figure lurking behind you, footsteps heavy and eyes searching.

The Hunter.

Chishiya felt you tense up, the hand over his mouth tightening ever so slightly.
The person playing the Hunter walked out of sight and Chishiya did nothing to move from the safe spot he resided in.

You, however, seemed to have different plans.

Removing your hands, you stood up silently, and backed up enough to face the back of the Hunter — who had no idea of what was to come.

Chishiya leaned forward, watching you with raised eyebrows. He heard when you sucked in a deep breath before kicking out your right leg.

The kick took the Hunter to their knees and you swung your other leg around, aiming for the head.

Your movements were fluid, precise, with no misstep in your fighting. You had complete control over your body as you took the taser and killed the person with it.

Chishiya had a hard time tearing his watchful gaze away.

He stopped to think before he spoke to your huffing figure. "You're not new to this, are you," he asked, stuffing his hands into his jacket's pockets.

You kept silent, tossing the taser away and lifting the phone to your face with a rising smile.

"I'm Chishiya and I know a place where your skills would come in handy," he said and when you turned around, he took note of your clean skin and playful tilt to your lips.
"After this game is over, you can-"

He was shut up when you shoved the phone into his grip and he had to grab it with his own hands to keep it from falling.

He wasn't fast enough to duck away when your finger went under his chin and pushed his head up. "I'm not interested."

You were long gone by the time Chishiya focused his eyes back from the sudden push of his head. He glanced down at your phone and the two words shining bright on the screen.

GAME CLEARED