♡4♡

The Beach.
The home to people in complete euphoria thanks to the drugs, the drinks, and the sex.
More than you can even imagine.

And, no, Chishiya wanted none of it.
He wanted nothing more than to crawl into a dark space and ignore everything around him.

He'd been part of the beach for a little over two weeks now, but he still wasn't used to it.
His nose still crinkled at the smells and the blatant nudity.

He was satisfied, almost happy, when he had to partake in a game — it mean an extra shirt and pants for it. A chance to get out of the fake paradise is all that he wanted.

He hated having to give away his shirt when he got back; leaving him in his hoodie, swim trunks, and a pair of god awful flip-flops.

The everyone-wears-a-swimsuit rule was smart, but to Chishiya, some just go overboard with it.

He grimaced at the near-naked mosh pit around him. The music in his ears would surely give him a headache soon enough.

He would be much better off outside the Beach, walking along the deserted roads like they're his own runway and getting into all sorts of trouble, but sadly, he had a plan to carry out.

And that plan required his good friend Kuina, who's sole purpose at the moment seemed to be to bother him.

"So, something's on your mind," she said and nudged closer to him. "Tell me."

He couldn't move away from her — being stuck in his lovely corner — so he scowled instead. "And why would I do that?"

Kuina frowned and crossed her arms over her exposed chest. "Cause why not? Plus it'll give us something to do other than staring at everyone judgingly." She gestured to the group of people shouting and dancing too close to eachother.

Chishiya sighed.
He really didn't have anything better to do.
"There's this girl."

Oh, how badly he wished to take back that regretful sentence.
Kuina grinned widely and scooted closer to him out of excitement. "You got a girlfriend," she whisper-yelled.

His glare couldn't get much deeper as he glanced at her almost incredulously. She was one to jump to conclusions.

"Okay, sorry, sorry," she muttered, not sorry, and raised her hands in defense. "Keep going," she added and twirled the stick of chapstick in her hand.

"I've been in two games with her. She's smart, agile-," he stopped himself. "Reckless, but I want to mention her to Hatter."

"Why Hatter," Kuina asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"Gain trust with him," Chishiya shrugged. "And she could help with the plan." He knew it was a bit far-fetched, but it was worth a try.

"Yeah, if we can get her on our side," Kuina scoffed. She looked off in the distance and raised the chapstick capsule to her mouth.

"I'm working on that," he grunted back.
"It's..." he trailed off in defeat.
Harder than I thought.

Kuina gave the shorter boy a look. "Have you tried flirting with her?"

Chishiya cringed.
He didn't want to even think about trying to flirt.

"You could make her fall for you. Get her wrapped around your finger and she'll be of good use," Kuina shrugged nonchalantly. "You're hot, use your charms."

He scoffed and quickly dismissed her words. "No one can fall in love with someone in this kind of world."

Never would he believe in true love, the will to sacrifice yourself for another.
It's just... unreal to him.

Kuina caught the edged tone of his voice and her eyes softened. "Yes, you can," she said strongly, fully believing in her words. "It's just a matter of...will you let yourself fall?"

Chishiya pushed himself from the corner and cursed to himself for participating in such a stupid conversation. "I'm going to my room."

Kuina knew better than to follow him and let him walk away.

He rounded the wall and the music finally faded into the empty hallway.
The silence helped him calm down from the loud atmosphere.

His shoes scuffed the floor. With his body still sore from the game of tag, he let his shoulder slump. The breath he let out echoed slightly.

"Chishiya."

Eyebrows raised and eyes lidded, he turned to the call of his name. "What?"

It was Ann.
In her dark sunglasses and high heels, she held open the door the Hatter's office.

"Hatter requested a meeting. Y/n's back."

She waited for him to approach the door.
Doing so, he walked into the room and let the door close behind him.

Standing around in a circle was everyone of the higher ups, including Niragi and Aguni.
Niragi had this evil grin on his face. He looked to be anticipating this more than the others.

They all surrounded a chair that had been placed in the middle of the room.
Tied to it, was this Y/n person.

Who exactly that was?
Chishiya didn't have a clue.

The dark bag over this person's head was pulled off by Hatter himself.

Their head fell to the side, a slick smirk placed onto their lips. Lifting their head, they locked eyes with Chishiya first.

He froze in his spot, hands clenching against the inside of his jacket pockets. His stomach dropped in shock and his eyes blurred.

It was you.