♡18♡

You weren't there.
You weren't there to lock eyes with him when he stepped into the security camera room.
You weren't there to scoff when he accused Kuina of being a witch, and you weren't there to lightly defend him when she did the same back.

You weren't there.
So now he had to find you.

He knew better than to chase after someone — it was basically asking to get hurt.

But there was something about the repetitive "bangs" of a gun and bodies falling routinely that just called your name.

It was a loud gun, one shot from a distance where no one could see it coming.

There was only one person Chishiya knew of that could shoot a gun with such precision.

Niragi.

He also knew that if you didn't go to the security's room, then you went straight after the pierced man.

That made his heartbeat spike severely.

You were reckless and relentless when it came to Niragi.
You let him throw you around with no regard, never fighting back.

So were you expecting to go up against a gun?

The thought of it made the blond's movements the slightest bit shaky as he headed for the only place a range gun would come in handy.

The rooftops.

Each step he took closer, the louder each gunshot sounded.
They never ceased, and soon he was flinching from the volume.

Bang!

Where were you?
Surely if you'd gone for Niragi, the shots would've stopped.

Bang!

Unless...

Bang!

"You might want to save a bullet for yourself."

Chishiya placed a hand over his heart and let out a nervous breath.
Thank god.

He could picture seeing the perfect smile you had.
You were alive and as snarky as ever.

You were also face-first with a gun — or at least that's what Chishiya assumed.

He was hidden behind the wall that separated him and the roof where you and Niragi were having a stand-off.

Neither you or the man moved — signaled by the absent footsteps — but there was some shuffling of clothes.

... and a click of a gun.

"Oh, yeah," Niragi asked back, voice elevated with annoyance. "How about I use it on you instead?"

The grunt from you that followed had Chishiya resisting the urge to step in to help.

You had no chance at Niragi.
He had the strength to over power you, so why...?
Why are you seemingly facing off with him?

What are you trying to get at?

"Niragi," you huffed out, sounding like you were trying to recover from whatever Niragi had done to you. "I am tired of you trying to belittle me. You are nothing without me."

A scoff.
"I am everything without you, Y/n. The Beach can be everything without you," Niragi replied with just as much vigor.

Chishiya hesitated before he even thought to do something.

The tone the two of you were using against each other was something he never expected either of you to use.

It was the kind of hatred he hoped to never have.
It made him wonder exactly what did you both go through to end up on such opposing sides.

Chishiya's eyebrow quirked.
You hadn't replied.
So Niragi continued.

"Imagine the power you could have if you just stopped fighting me."

A grunt of effort.
A hiss of pain.
A thud of impact.

Without looking, Chishiya knew Niragi had kicked you to the floor.
Anger bloomed in his chest.

"If," you gasped for breath weakly. "If I stopped fighting, the Beach would end up in flames."

Your voice was so strong, so sturdy.
None of your endless and painful suffering could waver your words.

"It already has! Hatter is dead-!" Niragi shouted and the blond pictured the man throwing out his arms dramatically.
"Stop resisting us or you'll be next."

A threat.
He threatened you, and you went silent.

The air stilled and it took everything in Chishiya to keep himself from peaking around the wall.

What are you doing, he wanted to ask.
The silence you gave off was more than nerve-racking and Chishiya licked his lips anxiously.

He was trying to stay (look) calm under the immense pressure that filled the rooftop.

"I am not going to throw away everything that I have worked so hard for."

Your voice was deadly calm and it sent a spark of hope through the blond.

He could imagine you looking up at Niragi with lidded-eyes and your usual smile replaced with a thin line, lips pulled back in a small sneer.

Chishiya swore he heard Niragi's unsteady exhale.

You had power, so much that it could knock the blond off his heart.

But even then, even then he knew Niragi was stronger... and that he used strength to add to his ruthless words.

"Everything you've worked for-" he stopped to huff and it was followed by your muffled cry. "-is currently dying."

Your groan of pain was forced down, but a small whimper managed to slip out.

"You're just scared to die with it," Niragi spat, finishing right as Chishiya decided to intervene.

He struggled with the sight.