♡22♡

Goddammit.
He loves you.
He loves you and he can't deny it.

He's barely known you for two weeks, but he's already called head over heels for you.

You give him hope.
Hope in greatness.
Hope in something better.

Hope in a life he's willing to live.

Goddammit.
All of the color rushes to his face the second you step out of view.

Even in such a tense situation, you were able to make light out of it.

It took all of his night to focus back on Arisu.
There were less than ten minutes left, and the witch has yet to be found.

Something needed to happen or everyone would end up dead.

As if on cue, Aguni took his fist to Arisu's face repetitively. 

A man — who Chishiya recognized from the meeting — threw his body onto Aguni, in attempt to stop the bulky man.

Then, Usagi joined in.
She pleaded for him to stop, but she and the man were tossed away like rag dolls.

"Aguni, STOP!"

You.
Your voice traveled through the room.

You ran into sight, at full speed, and straight into Aguni's chest.

It knocked him off his feet and stunned him long enough for you to jump back to standing.

You did the exact same thing to the tagger during the Game of Tag.

You're amazing.
Though, not careful at all.

You were quick to place a heavy foot upon Aguni's chest, easily keeping him stuck to the floor.

He was panting.
Heavy breathed, you could feel him inhale and exhale with every gasp for air.

Even with the weakness he showed through his rising and falling torso, his eyes were the complete opposite — quickly hardening as they locked with Arisu's glossy orbs.

His bloody and bruised face was like center stage under the lights. Everyone's attention was on the boy as he pushed through pain to speak.
"I understand the pain in your eyes."

You pressed your heel a bit harder into Aguni's chest, awaiting the moment when he tried to break free.

"You killed your friend," Arisu says, scarred face twisting with pity. "And so you wanted to kill everyone at the Beach, because they were the ones who made your friend go crazy."

Your throat tightened, catching the breath you wanted to release.
The words that came to mind stuck to your tongue like glue.

"...your broken feelings," you whispered, barely loud enough for the strong man beneath you to hear.

"The game master made use of them. That's why..."
You put the pieces together like a puzzle.
"...that's why this is a Hearts game!"

Aguni sighed, then growled, then shuffled as he got a hold on you and lifted you from the ground, tossing you away easily with a loud shout. "SHUT UP!"

Chishiya's heart jumped at the thud that resounded when you hit the floor, only a few feet away from the seething militant.

Usagi called for you as she went from Arisu's side to yours, aiding you into a better position for your increasing pain.

Aguni stood to his feet, looking angry, and sad, and... hopeless.

He knew everything you and Arisu said was true.
He lived through it, so he couldn't deny it.

But the way everyone was staring at him with a mix of emotions... it made him feel small.

"If..." someone from the crowd spoke up. "If that's true, then Aguni just wanted to kill everyone regardless of the game?"

Another one scoffed in disbelief.
"You're joking."

"And we went along with that?"
This time a militant rose up, voice shaking from the absolute shock that rippled through the room.

Usagi panted from beside you, eyes twitching and uneasily looking around.
She wanted to speak.

"Just... who is the witch?"