♡5♡

Though no one could see it, Chishiya had lost his sense of serenity.

His normal reaction should've been to pass it off as a mere coincidence, but this, this was something different.
Something in him froze over.

His legs felt like jelly, his vision blurred over, and he felt his throat close up.

All because of you.

Your face was more roughed up than the last time he had seen you, but you still had that playful tilt to your lips.
Your chest was rising and falling smoothly, a big contrast to the mess of your clothes.
Considering being tied up to a chair... you looked completely relaxed.

"Hey, Hatter," you greeted, voice filling the silent room. You nodded to a few others standing around the chair. "How are you?"

Hatter returned your wide smile and went to return a greeting of his own, but Nigari stepped forward.

Suddenly, your head snapped to the side, followed by a spit up of blood that came from your mouth.

Niragi had punched you.

Chishiya gulped and worked to calm himself, hoping to look as stoic as always.

"Hello," you grunted, "To you too, Niragi."
"You're dumb as fuck, Y/n," Niragi growled, the fist he hit you with clenching tightly.

For the first time, Chishiya didn't know what to do.

What Niragi going to hit you again?
Why wasn't anyone helping?
Why would they just let that happen?

Under his collected exterior, his mind was running miles with this sudden feeling to help you — a thing he's never felt before.

You threw your head back in a fit of laughter. Chishiya felt his face screw up with confusion. "Missed you too," you added to Niragi with a wink.

The pierced man would've taken another step to you if it wasn't for Hatter getting in the way. "That's enough," Hatter interjected before turning to you.

Chishiya released a deep breath.

"I'm good. How have you been, Y/n? It's nice to see you alive."

Chishiya tried to understand what was going on.

How did Hatter know you?
Does everyone else know you?
Where's your wrist band?
Are you apart of the Beach?

It annoyed him beyond belief to be in the unknown — something he wasn't used to being.
A foreign territory.

You shrugged; or at least the best you could with your arms tied being your back.

"Been iffy. Lots of games, lots of death." You then lean forward with a gleam in your eye. "Good news for you: it means more cards."

"Speaking of cards, have you seen our wall," Hatter asked with a grand gesture to the Card Wall behind Chishiya.

You eyed it before sitting up in your seat. There were spaces that you would gladly x-out. "It looks good," you comment and wiggle against the restraints. Three cards fall by your feet.
"Here's my newest ones."

"Thank you, my spy," Hatter praises and crouches down for the cards.

"Spy?" Chishiya repeats in a whisper. His eyebrows furrow. "Spy?"