♡31♡

ROUND FOUR: START.

Two down, and who the fuck knows how many more. The trust that once encircled the large group had begun to dwindle.

It started with Banda, and his sick devious words.
The yakuza kept hurting the younger boy into telling him his symbol.

Then when he finally threw the boy to the ground in front of everyone, Banda stepped in and crouched down, whispering to the boy.

"Tell him he's a club," he said, persuading the boy to lie, which resulted in the first death.
Not surprising.

But it did put a crack in the atmosphere, allowing tension to seep in deep. The death put a target on the young boy's head, everyone had decided to not trust him as soon as the explosion sounded.

The second death was when the giddy girl with the sweet tooth, Urumi, convinced everyone to kill off the young boy, despite him being innocent — just a victim to manipulation.

The second explosion that rang out, notifying them of the death was enough for people to start questioning.

Was Urumi and her aggravatingly positive personality really the best choice?

Because right now, as she leaned closer to her group and muttered the idea of killing off another person, a girl who struggled to tell the innocent dead boy the wrong symbol, she didn't seem like the best option.

Chishiya bumped you with his shoulder, catching your attention. Though your focus quickly switched to the fingers he had wrapped around a cookie, and the pretty pink lips that closed around the treat.

But you shook your head to rid yourself of the thoughts that were far beyond inappropriate considering your situation.

"Hm?"

"What are your thoughts on her," he asked, and gestured with his pinky to Urumi. She was a ways away from you and Chishiya, muttering to her group about who they'd kill next. "Think she's the Jack?"

You shake your head lightly.
"Don't think so." Then you look away in thought, catching the one with bad bangs grabbing the same snack as he had the past three rounds, just a different flavor.

"If I was the Jack, I wouldn't go parading it around and killing people, that would only end with my death. Maybe she's stupid, or maybe she likes to create chaos. Whatever it is, she's not the Jack."

Chishiya hummed and left a second of silence before ultimately agreeing with you. He had thought the same but wanted to hear what you made of it.

You always seemed to be right. Able to pick up on this just as quick as him, maybe even faster, though his ego won't allow him to say it out loud.

You both watched Urumi tell her next victim their wrong answer. Then you stood, and pulled him after you by his sleeve.

You step closer to the rows of snacks, and your eyes caught a certain brand of cookies. Not the same ones Chishiya seemed to enjoy scarfing down, but the same ones the banged man had grabbed.

"Which flavor should I choose?"

Chishiya glanced at the four different options before grunting. "These are better," he concludes and holds out the packet of cookies in his hand. "We can share," he then adds with his signature smirk, but it falls when you pay no mind to his advances.

You're deep in your choice of which to pick. "You know what we can do," you suddenly gasp, picking up the strawberry flavor. "We can make each of these a card suit, and whichever we pick is the symbol on the back of our collars. This can mean heart!"

His eyebrows furrow at your sudden plan because why? Why switch it up after four rounds?
"Why would we do that?"

You shrug, turning to him. There's a gleam in your eye as you fidget with the packet of sweets.
You've got a devious look, the way your lips quirk make Chishiya's mind go blank.

Because, again, you've discovered something before he has.

You cock your head to the side, motioning for him to look. So he does, and his line of sight falls on two individuals: the emo with the bangs, and the business woman.

"Because that's what they're doing."