♡10♡

Information.
Information is exactly what Arisu needed.

So, that's what he went looking for.
It wasn't a coincidence that he stumbled upon the dead bodies kept away in a garbage disposal.

And it wasn't a coincidence that you brought him to it.
You showed him what would've happened if he betrayed the Beach.

"Rule Three: Death to Traitors."

You led him straight into the hands of Chishiya.
And that's how he ended up on the roof, overlooking all of the building.

None of it was a coincidence.

Chishiya side-eyed the two girls who stared at Arisu blankly.
The boy's face was morphed with confusion and slight panic.

"You, Arisu, and Usagi seem to have collected a vast amount of information," Chishiya starts, giving you a nod of appreciation.

He wouldn't have know himself that Arisu was going around and questioning.
You had been the one to bring it up, chest heavy and forehead sweaty from your spying tactics.

"What are you both planning?"

Kuina tiredly placed the chapstick in her mouth when all Arisu did was shuffle his feet.

You leaned forward on the balls of your feet and forced a reply from him with an inquired hum.
"Hm?"

Arisu slumped.
"Nothing much," he muttered above a whisper, having trouble glancing at the black and blue bruise that looked to have no effect on your upbeat face.

"I'll cut to the chase." Chishiya sighed, seeing Arisu not move to say more. "How will you live in this world that's full of despair?"

"How?" Arisu mimicked incredulously, though his face dropped when no one looked to be joking.

"I just want to know the answers to my questions. The ones behind the game. And who killed Karube and Chota."

It didn't take a smart brain to sum up that these "Karube" and "Chota" used to be good friends with Arisu.

"I thought I'd be able to survive and return to the original world with everyone," he said, his eyes out of focus from anything in particular.

He was thinking.
Thinking long and hard — nothing that came out of his mouth was a lie.

"If that's not possible." He shrugs. "I want Usagi to return, at the very least. That is the only reason I'm alive."

Even in the tense, unfitting moment, Kuina found the power to smile at his words.

Chishiya's head tilted down, lips lifted in to a small but fake smile. "What a tear jerker."

You glared.
Arisu's eyes narrowed.

"Your dream..." the blond continued and stepped close to Arisu. "It's cool, but it's not practical at all."

You viewed Chishiya as he spoke; the way his lips pursed with every syllable.

The wind wind was pushing back his hair gracefully and his jacket opened up just enough to give the perfect view of it-

Fuck.
You shook your head to rid the thoughts infiltrating it.

Have you really fallen?

From beside you, Kuina stepped up and you were glad her movement caught your attention.

"You'll have to win all the games and become the next Number One," she said.
"But that's impossible," you cut in, sending Arisu a glance that you did your best to make it look supporting. 

"It had nothing to do with you guys," Arisu spoke roughly and you were taken aback but his bluntness.

He's hesitant.
Nervous.

"We think you have potential," Chishiya said, ignoring the boy's words and motioned to you and Kuina.

"What?"
Arisu was completely clueless to the topic of conversation.

"That's why we came to meet you," you shrugged as if it was the most simplest thing in the world.

You scooted over to Chishiya with a smile so bright that it almost made the blond lose his train of thought.

Damn you.

"What do you mean," Arisu asked, lip quirked and voice mixed with bewilderment.

Chishiya glanced at you, one eye squinted from the glaring sun, and your eyes embarrassingly trailed down to his chest.

You watched it rise and fall with his breath.

"What if," he started, a finger raised to graze your cheek before he forced himself to look at Arisu.

"There's a way to change the status quo all at once."