♡6♡

How did he not notice you?
He had to have asked himself that question ten too many times at this point.

For two weeks, you escaped his sharp eyes and lounged around the Beach property.
And, yes, he didn't see you.
Not even once.

But now, so suddenly, he couldn't stop seeing you.

You were everywhere, even after moving out of his room — not that you ever actually slept there.

After the whole emotionally-confusing moment you had with him, you causally slipped away for the night.
And since then, there isn't any room that you're in, that he's not.

It's been two days.

Chishiya is tired of the bubbling in his stomach that arises everytime you fall into his field of vision.
He's tired of resisting his advances for you; his dark corners were perfectly comfortable.

Your words... how could they have such an effect?

"Give it a few days, Shiya, and maybe I'll fall in love with you."

It's stupid and he wouldn't have it.
True love and love at first...second...third encounter don't exist.

It's all a figment of imagination.
He wouldn't allow it.

"Who are you looking for," Kuina asked with a groan. If Chishiya hadn't noticed his own habits, then Kuina did. "You've been doing this for a couple of days. What is it?"

"I'm not looking for anything, nonetheless, anyone," he replied and yet, his eyes sweep over the pool for, what had to be, the eighteenth time that hour.

"Alright," Kuina sighed, putting the chapstick in her mouth and wandering off to do something better than nothing. And anything had to be better than standing in the farthest corner away from the pool party.

Chishiya had every intention of letting her walk away, but something in him went soft.
"Wait. It's the girl."

Kuina turned back to the blonde. "Girl?" Her eyebrows furrowed before she went. "Ohh, that girl. Anything new? Did you tell Hatter?"

"He knows about her." Chishiya shifted his position, focusing his eyes on the nearby food stand.

"How does he know," Kuina asked. "What's her name?"

"Y/n."

The girl's face lit up like a spotlight. "Y/n? You're in love with Y/n?!"

"I'm not-!" Chishiya cut himself off, being louder than he meant to be. Did everyone except him know of you? How irritating.

He glared at Kuina.
What is with her and this tall tale of love?

Kuina's eyes widened and her jaw went slack. "Did you just...did you almost yell..?"
She looked beyond flabbergasted.

He quirked an eyebrow.
No...he's never lost his cool at something so insignificant as a crush.
It's not even a crush...

"I didn't yell."
He couldn't have...right?

"Mhm," Kuina hummed, blatantly ignoring him and not believing a thing.

He scoffed
"Whatever. Do you know her," he asked, hoping she'd know more than he did about your whole spy job.

"A bit," Kuina shrugged. "She was the person to show me around when I first arrived at the Beach. Though I haven't seen her much since then..." She failed to realize the suspicion of Chishiya. "Why? Is this for the plan?"