♡2♡

Chishiya didn't know who got to the game first—just that he wasn't far behind.

Not particularly caring to lift his head, he covered his charging weapon with a leg and went to looking eerie and unbothered from under his jacket.

His hooded glare was surely enough to make people run the other way or even hesitant to approach, so it was to his surprise when a pair of sneakers joined his side.

Still, he resisted the urge to look up.

More footsteps.
More facial recognizes.
And more registered people.

Just how many more?
Chishiya couldn't give a shit about it.
Just meant more sacrifices for him — not that he minded more.

REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED

Chishiya lifts the device to his face, listening to the words of the voice as they appear of his screen.

There are a total of thirteen participants.
The game will now commence.

He could feel the lingering stares when everyone glanced around the room with a range of emotions.

Difficulty: Five of Spades

The person next to Chishiya took the time to roll out their ankles. From across the room, someone else crouched down to stretch.

Heh, they've done this before, Chishiya thought, side-eyeing the weirdly familiar shoes.
But he couldn't care less. They're all going to die anyway.

Game: A Game of Tag.

Rule: Run away from the tagger.

Clear Condition: Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building rooms within the time limit.

Time Limit: 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, the bomb hidden in the building will explode.

TWO MINUTES TILL GAME STARTS
Find your starting positions.

Chishiya did exactly what was ordered and turned around, thankfully being the only one in the elevator.

He stepped out into level seven with his hands in his pockets, hood up, and glanced over the small balcony wall.

"If you can choose your starting positions"
He walked toward the left end of the hallway and rested on the ledge overlooking the parking lot. "Then, this is the perfect position."

Arms crossed over the balcony, body slumped, he had the perfect view of everyone of each floor.
All-

"Eleven people?" He let his eye sweep over everyone, eyebrows pulling together. "Only eleven?"

Thirteen participants, minus himself equals twelve, but he could only see eleven.

Interesting, he grins.
His attention is caught by the two people who just happened to be in the same floor as him.

Chishiya smirks and waves his hand in a semi-teasing way.

The older, bulkier guy stops and stares. His face stays blank and he walks away, never returning the gesture.

Chishiya grimaces.
"That's nasty."

He hums to himself, moving closer to the half wall and resting on it. "Let's see," he trails, eyes squinting. "Everyone looks like they're about to die. As usual."

THE GAME WILL NOW COMMENCE
GAME START

He opens his mouth to slip out a slick sentence, when someone beat him to it and left to him to freeze in place. "Tagger's on the move, huh?"

Those words...
That voice...
They wasn't his.

He masked his face of surprise under his lidded-eyes and bored smile.
"Good thing you've got the birds eye view," you chuckled, heading throwing back.
Chishiya felt his stomach drop.

There you were, crouched right behind him, on the ledge that surely wasn't safe, but you ignored the dangers.

"It's you," Chishiya confirmed with a raised voice.
Done with your chuckling, you put your weight on the front of your toes, closing the space between you and him. "Hey," you replied nonchalantly.

"So," he tried with a growing grin.
You hopped down from the ledge, silencing Chishiya easily.

"This whole seventh floor tactic you've got going on..." you gestured your him. "It's smart...but no fun."

He couldn't stop trailing you with his eyes as you moved in circles around him. He felt like a spotlight was on him and your eyes were the analyzer.

But he pushed through the feeling to shrink back into himself and smirked. "I have an idea of fun," he said, wanting to bring back the topic of a recent conversation.

"Don't," you interjected with a mocking sigh. "I know what you're going to say. So again, I'm not interested," you said so fluently, it felt like you have prepared that sentence for him.

"That band you have around your wrist, blondie?"
He cringed.
"I don't want one of my own, thanks," you spit with a irritatingly sweet smile.

He deepened the arrogant look to his face, thanking his observation skill for picking up the slip up in your words.

"So, you know of us?"

There's no one that could've missed the clench in your jaw.

"Look, Blondie-"
"Chishiya."

You huffed, and retreated down the hallway, throwing the words over the shoulder. "Look, Chishiya, I'm not interested."

He tried to ignore the wonder in what your plans for this game were, and turned back to his original spot with a smirk.
What a character.

A voice suddenly echoed.
"Everyone! The tagger is currently at the second level of the central area! The tagger has bad vision because of his mask. Let's inform eachother of the tagger's location!"

"It's a good idea," Chishiya says out loud at the persons idea. Using others for teamwork to win. "But no one with respond."

"Sounds like a plan!!"
A female replied and Chishiya could sigh at the shouter.

"The tagger is moving from the court level of the central area! Anyone nearby, run!"

He hums in interest at the second voice; someone new. He gazes at the called-out area.

Someone ran out in full view, and straight for the tagger's back. They took the man down with a harsh thud, and in the few second it took for the tagger's vision to clear, the culprit was long gone.

The sweatpants...
Roughed you sneakers...

"Don't tell me," Chishiya dragged off with a snicker. "Ah...she's pretty good."
Hatter might like her.

More gunshots.
This time... unwavering.

Found it, he though with pride, looking down at the bullet-hole ridden walls.
His phone beeps.

Time: 6:30...29...28...

Taking off his hood with a sly purse of his lips, he heads for the determined room.
"Shall we begin?"