♡13♡

The black envelope.

The poker cards gathered by all the members of the Beach are kept in the safe in Hatter's royal suite room.

The password to the safe is kept and sealed inside the black envelope.
The envelope is opaque and kept in upmost secrecy, and can be opened only when there is a Number One.

The new Number One will check the passcode alone in front of all executive members.

Then, he will place the paper with the passcode written on it into a new envelope and seal it again.
It will then be signed by all executive members before it's stashed away again.

Chishiya rests his elbows on his knees, sinking deeper into his chair. "First, Arisu will infiltrate the royal suite. Then he will search for the safe and steal all the playing cards inside."

Kuina plays with the chapstick in her mouth, glancing up at you as you listen in on the plan.

The plan could go very wrong if Chishiya didn't explain it well.

"What about the passcode," Arisu asks after sharing a look with Usagi.

"I have an idea for that," is what Chishiya replies, but it's unhelpful on Arisu's part.
"I'll tell you when you're in front of the safe," he adds, handing over a small radio to each of you.

"You're really cautious," Arisu praises falsely and Chishiya has to hold back a smile when you speak up.

"Hey, that was my idea," you blurt, crossing your arms over your chest.

Arisu can only blink at your childish antics. "S-Sorry," he apologizes then grabs his walkie-talkie. "I understand."

"Usagi and Kuina will be on lookout. Y/n, you..." he hesitates and Kuina grows a smile. "You'll stay with me."

Usagi shakes her head.
"This is too dangerous. If we're discovered, we'll be killed."

Chishiya looks away and it makes your eyes squint in confusion.

We got this... right?

"This is the only way to change the current situation," Arisu says. "Now that Hatter is dead, there's no unity at the Beach. The time is right for this plan."

You all collectively take a breath.