♡25♡

"The card's gone."

He didn't care.
For once in his life he didn't care about the damn cards.
The stupid cards that you'd risk your life for, he gave no fucks.

Because you were nowhere to be seen.
Not knowing where you were sent it heart beating rapidly, almost painfully against his chest.

He couldn't find you, and you were hurt.
You were shot.
By that son of a fuck Niragi.

Chishiya wished she was the one to bring an end to that vermin of a person, but he had to focus on you, finding y-

"Looking for this?"

Chishiya and Kuina whipped around so fast their vision went blurry.
But when it cleared, you were there.

Standing tall, a smile graced your face, but it was pained.
In your bloody fingers, you held the card.
The Ten of Hearts.

Kuina froze in place when your head lulled to the side and you collapsed, but Chishiya was there to catch you.

He would always be there to catch you.

You sucked in a sharp breath, a wave of nausea running through your body. And god, did you feel like you've been run over.

Your stomach leaked pints of blood by the minute, soaking through your bathing suit and into the floor.

Chishiya has never felt himself react like this before. He's seen plenty of blood, possibly even more than at this moment.

But something about the way your face screwed up in pain made him stomach churn.
He needed to help, he had to, he wanted to.

"Kuina, get me towels, bandages, alcohol, thread, and a needle, now!"

Kuina didn't waste anytime snapping herself from the cold grip of her terror to leave the room, quick on her bare feet.

A chuckle resounds.

Chishiya glances down at you, wide eyed and panicked. "Stay still," he orders, but the strength in his voice is lost when you raise a dripping hand to his cheek.

He can feel your smooth skin beneath the layer of gooey blood, wanting to cherish your warmth.

"It's okay," he mutters. "You're going to be okay."

"I know," you reply, smiling just enough for the whites of your teeth to show, though they're stained red. "I..."

Your eyes flutter.
Your fighting the immeasurable urge to pass out.
Your breath is weak, chest hollow with growing numbness.

But you muster yourself to gasp deeply to say. "I trust you."

Chishiya's heart shatters.
You trust him.
After all he's done to you, you trust him.
Never before has he heard those words from someone, but he's damn well glad they came from you.
It means the world to him.

You are his world.
But his world is slowly going dark.

The color is draining from your dirtied skin. The life behind your eyes is fading. Your movements are becoming less and few between.

"Thank you, Shiya."

What?
Why are you saying thank you?

He hold you tighter and shakes your body.
You go limp in his arms.
His shoulders lurch forward, a sob breaking through his chapped lips.

"Y/n? N-No, stay with me! Please...!"