♡15♡

"How are thing on your side, Kuina," Chishiya asked through his radio.

He gazed around the darkened royal suite as he awaited an answer.

Every so often he would glance at you to make sure you were still in the room.
And each time, you were in the same position: on your knees and resting back on your heels.

Your head stayed tilted down to the ground and you had yet to speak since the room cleaned out after the discovering of Arisu.

No one questioned you fragile-looking state as they slide past you and for the door.

Your actions were summed up to Hatter's death.
They all assumed that you were broken up after Hatter's death, and that seeing Arisu trying to steal all of Hatter's hard work, it crushed you.

They couldn't be more wrong.

Your mind was soaring, tumbling through a mix of literally everything, and every moment that had led up to this point.

Chishiya snitched.
He lied to Arisu.

What happens now?

You wanted to speak up, argue against his actions.
Anything to voice your thoughts.

The courage to do so was building up inside of you.
But for now, you had to resort to your feeble spot on the tile

Looking the weakest you have ever been.

"Aguni is still in his room...but I'm so bored now."

Kuina dragged her words out in a weirdly recognized way, and it took another glance for the blond to realize why it sounded so familiar.

You had whined the same way only hours ago.

"Fine," Chishiya sighed. "Shall we proceed with our," his eyes swept over your sulked shoulders, "plan?"

He moved away from you, ignoring all instincts to stay, and approached the other side of the room.
"I don't know if Arisu is clever or stupid. There's no way the cards would be kept in an ordinary safe."

Your fists clenched at your sides.

"Then, where is the real safe," Kuina asked, voice coming through staticky.

Chishiya grinned at his intelligence.
"When Arisu found the same safe, Aguni —who usually does not waver— was looking towards a certain location."

Chishiya analyzed the deer painting that hung on the wall in front of him. "I believe that the contents of the envelope did not contain a passcode or an empty letter... but instead, it might have been a drawing."

You gritted your teeth, fighting against the tears wanting to fill your vision.

Chishiya removed the painting, his grinning getting wider.

A small, black box.
A keypad.
"Found it."

"So, you used him for this?"

With no hesitation, Chishiya replied. "To gain something, you need to lose something."

Shakily, you placed your hands on the floor and released a breath.

"He's just a sacrifice. This like this happen often, don't they?" Chishiya's voice was terrifyingly stable.

"Not at all," Kuina responded, the slightest bit psyched out by the blond. "I really don't want to be your enemy."

You and Chishiya unknowingly scoffed at the same time.
"People often tell me that," he says, adding to his ego.

Silently, you pushed yourself off the floor.
It took a couple slow, deep breaths for you to even look at Chishiya.

"You lied."

As unsteady you were, your voice came out strong.

His back gave no clue to a reaction.
He lifted up a hand to put in the passcode.

This time it worked.
"About what?"

You weren't expecting a reply, so you were surprised upon hearing his voice.

"About escaping. Did you really have a plan to leave the Beach, or was it just to sift out the traitors?"

It was hard to believe your vision when you watched him open the safe and pull out the box of cards.
You need him to say it.

He lightly showed the box to you over his shoulder  before opening it.
Sure enough, there was the collected playing cards. 

"That wasn't a lie," he said, holding up the stack of cards and closing the safe. "See."

"Then you lied to Arisu-!" You shot back, knuckles whitening quickly when you grabbed your jacket out of anger.

Or was it hurt?
Disbelief?
Sadness?

"Why...? He was our friend!"

"He wasn't my friend," Chishiya said, so calmly it send a shiver up your spine.

Betrayal.

You stepped back when the blond turned to you, his face relaxed and his hands sipping the cards into his jacket.

You were angry at him, irritated, enraged.

"Then you lied to me!"
Your voice cracked and a wave of self-pity ran through you. "Does that make me like Arisu," you asked, throwing your arm out to the side.
"A sacrifice?"

Chishiya's heart dropped.
No, no, no.
He couldn't have you thinking that of him.

He couldn't replace you.
He needed you.
No matter how much denied Kuina's cheesy phrases and his own fluttering feelings, he couldn't live without you.

Not anymore.
Not since he let you grow on him.

He had walls.
Walls bordering his heart.

But somehow, and in some way, he let them fall for you.

But here you were, breaking down, losing sanity because of him.
Losing your hope in him.

What did he do?
"N-No, I..." he tried to play it off, but he ultimately closed his mouth to stop the uncharacteristic stuttering he felt arising.

"Are you going to betray me too?"

You sounded so broken, so defeated, so tired.

All because of him.

But he was determined.
He had to get you back.
He needed you to be at his side.

"Y/n, you should understand that if I-" he tried again but his voice failed him.

He was still resisting, resisting his emotions, resisting the need to express himself.
It wasn't like him to.

"Can I even trust you?"

Please...
Chishiya fought hard to keep the remorse at bay.
He swallowed the lump in his throat.

Your shoulders slumped with fatigue, mental and emotional fatigue.
Your glassy eyes were so painful to lock with.

Had he really done this?
You looked so small, so delicate — a complete 180 from ever before.

"I don't...I don't think I can trust you, Chishiya."

He was the cause for your suffering, your sluggish movements when you couldn't take anymore and walked to the door.

Your body — the one Chishiya has been dying to hold again — disappeared around the corner.

His eyes dropped away from their usual cockiness.
For the first time, his sly smirk fell into a frown.

"I'm sorry."