♡24♡

It was quite literally the last thing everyone expected. The answer they weren't prepared for filled the air with numbing silence, as if the words they wanted to say were forced down deep into their chest.

Momoka... is the witch.
You could barely breath, you finger twitched as you kept pointing at the dead girl. It all made sense now. Thank to Arisu, you knew Momoka was the witch, without question.

But some still couldn't believe it.
The once innocent, quiet girl, now the cause of countless deaths and insurmountable confusion.

"Momoka struck the knife into herself," someone from the crowd asked. Their voice was unsteady, their words holding little power behind the straight fear that lined each syllable.

"Yes," Arisu confirmed. His gaze right with your and his words determined. "If I were the game master," he laughed breathlessly. "I would come up with this idea."

No one spoke.
Everyone stilled in place, trying to make sense of the situation. Putting their head before their heart... except for Aguni.

He jumped forward and kicked Arisu back. "What a joke," he muttered as Usagi ran to the boy's aid, leaving you standing, swaying.

"I'm the witch! I'm the witch! I'm the witch," he shouted over and over again, his voice filling the antagonizing silence.

Every step he took, everyone took three back. Even when he ordered them closer, asking them to fight him, they didn't.

He wasn't the witch, and yet, he wanted everyone to believe him. He believes he deserves to die after what he did to Hatter. He believes death is his punishment.

But you don't.
You never have.
And you never will.

Chishiya's hands grip the balcony fence as he watches you approach the man. You're quiet, only labored breaths fall from your lips.

Aguni's back is to you and he's vulnerable. But you whip him around to face you. Pulling on his shirt, you kick his feet out from under him.

Out of instinct, he takes you down with him. The pair of you come crashing down to the ground, earning a loud huff from Aguni.

Everyone stills, not knowing what to do. They watch your shoulders straighten and your head tilt back.

With your full chest, your nose crinkled, eyebrows knitting together, and mouth gaping open, you scream. It was any word or sentence that came from your throat, just a long unheld scream.

At the end, your voice cracks, and it sent chills down everyone's spine.

Chishiya felt his breath leave him.
Were you crying?

Aguni could only look up at you, your full weight against his chest.

"Stop, Aguni," you yelled, more to him, but your words echoed throughout the silence-ridden room. "This isn't your fault! Hatter had to die!"

You sucked in a large, broken gasp for air, chest heaving as if you were fighting against sobs— and you were, tears were splashing down onto Aguni's skin.

"You can't blame yourself! You did what you had to! We all did!! The Beach corrupted him, and we couldn't let him continue, so stop thinking it's your FAULT!"

Your shoulders rose and fell in a thick and harsh movement. Your hair was blown back by your constant and angry breaths. Tears glistened your eyes.

You are crying.
But you didn't seem to care.

Your usually well hidden emotions were now exposed to everyone, in full display to those who have never seen you lose your cool.

And it was heart shattering, hearing the break in your words, the sadness in the tone of your voice, the desperation in your hands as you clutched against your shirt as if it was strangling you.

And it made Chishiya realize an important fact, that even he struggled to discover.
You never wanted to disobey hatter, you never wanted to go against him.

But you had to.

You had to as soon as you realized he was no longer the Hatter you created the beach with.
He was no longer the Hatter you knew when you first met, all bloody after your first game.
He was the Hatter that changed once Niragi had tried to take control.
He was the Hatter fully taken over by the urge to be in charge.

So you had to break his trust slowly; to save yourself, as well as anyone else in the Beach. Even if it broke you to do so.

But you hid it so well.
But bottling up emotion never ends well, Chishiya knew that.

And now you were breaking, coming apart at the seams.
It was terrifying.

BANG