T H I R T Y - F I V E

Zephyr 

It's been three hours and I still haven't found my Serenity. 

After I was done talking to Nyctimus, I immediately grabbed out things and followed the paw imprints Sin left behind in the dirt. 

I would have kept following the prints too if they didn't disappear the minute I got exited the town's boarder. 

I growled in frustration and let out a yell. 

"SERENITY!" 

I sighed when I realized that she probably couldn't hear me, considering that she was lost in her grief thinking that I was dead. 

"Once I turn into my Wolf, I have a hard time turning back. It's like...she just...won't give up the control." 

Serenity's words haunted me from the night I nursed her back to health after Arachne's venom poisoned her. 

Great, just great. 

So on top of her thinking I was dead, her wolf probably took advantage of her grief and refused to give up control. 

~~~~~~~~~~Five Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~

I was starting to lose my mind, little by little, when I felt something lurking behind me.

When I turned, I came face-to-face with a beautiful jet black coal colored wolf.

Her eyes were glowing bright green and she lifted up her lips in a snarl. 

She looked side-to-side as well as behind her and I knew for a fact that while she couldn't see me, her Wolf could definitely smell me. 

No doubt, probably thinking that she still smelled my dead corpse even after all the miles she ran. 

When she found nothing out in this barren desert, she shook her head and ran North. 

I followed her as she ran into a cave, a scary, dingy, and sketchy looking cave that she would have never ran into if she was in control of herself. 

Inside the cave, instead of resting, she began to pace back and forth. 

Her wolf let out a few whimpers here and there and every time I heard them, my heart broke into a million pieces. 

I leaned against the wall, tired from messed up day I had, and closed my eyes lulled to sleep by the clacking of her paws against the stone cave. 

She was safe... 

We were safe...well...at least for now.