T H E F I N A L E I

PART I

Zephyr 

I was on Serenity's heels when four hands clamped down on each of my limbs while a fifth hand clamped down around my mouth. 

 A familiar voice hissed in my ear as two figures appeared in front of me. 

Serenity disappeared into her family's Elysium, which alleviated some of the panic in my heart. 

She's safe.

"We meet again little Prince" the croaky voice sneered "I can't wait to gut you the same way you gutted my precious Charlotte." 

There was a tsk tsk coming from behind us and suddenly a very familiar face came into my line of sight. 

"Cerberus?" I asked in equal parts of shock and confusion. 

"Hello baby brother" he grinned at me, his eyes cold and detached "It's been a while."

"It has" I said struggling in Arachne's unyielding grip "What are you doing here?" 

He looked down and I followed his gaze, watching as he petted Venom, his Ebony Cobra and hellbound companion. 

The cobra nuzzled his head against Cerberus' finger, while his enormous tail was wrapped around my brother's bicep. 

"Hades sent me." 

 "Hades never sends you" I said calmly, despite the position I was in "When he wants updates, he summons Shadow." 

I paused as a niggling feeling wormed its way into my chest "Where is Shadow? I sent him to update Hades two days ago. He's never gone this long when I'm on a mission."

'Not to mention that Midnight was missing as well.' I thought, putting the pieces together slowly. 

"He didn't want updates from Shadow" Cerberus said cryptically "He wants what you two came here for. And he wants it now." 

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up in alarm. 

Something wasn't right. 

"Cerberus, why are you really here?" I asked, grunting when Arachne tightened her grip "You never leave the city." 

My brother let out a small laugh "You always were too intuitive for your own good baby brother." 

Before I could react or respond, I felt a pinch in my thigh.