N I N E

Sin

A sensation of nausea overcame me and I dropped to my knees, dry heaving until my stomach hurt.

My hair was gently pulled back and a hand rubbed my shoulder blades soothingly.

"It's okay" Zephyr said softly "The effects should be over soon"

"I forgot how preciously sensitive wolves were" Hades sneered from above me.

I would have cussed him out if I wasn't spewing my guts out over the cement floor.

"Give her a break" Zephyr snapped at him "She's been through a lot today"

"Careful Zephyr" Hades warned "You're walking on very thin ice and you know what happens when I snap"

Zephyr clenched his jaw, glaring at Hades.

"What...the...Hell...Was that?" I wheezed out, wiping my mouth with a torn piece of my dress.

"We Ascended"

"Ascended?"

"Traveled" Zephyr amended his words "From your house to here"

"And here is..." I looked around and was surprised that we were on the Marina docks.

"Why are we here?" I asked, standing up.

I wobbled a bit and Zephyr's hands shot out, stabilizing me.

"You okay?" he asked, concern etching his face.

I nodded "Thanks"

"We're here" Hades yawned "Because it's the closest portal to home"

"Portal?" I asked

Hades growled, stomping towards a extremely large yacht.

"Do you not know anything about Greek Mythology girl?" he asked, hopping on the yacht.

I followed

"Not particularly" I sneered "Since my private school never got the chance to cover that particular chapter in our textbook"

"They did" he responded "You just didn't pay attention closely"

I reared my head back in shock.

"How would you know what we covered in school?"

"I've been keeping tabs on you and your family for a very long time" he said cryptically "Longer than any one of you probably realized"

"Okay" I mumbled "Not creepy at all"

Zephyr nudged me to keep walking and I shot him a look.

Hades was way ahead of us, out of earshot, and I decided that now was the chance to get some information out of him.

"Why didn't you take me when you had the chance?" I asked quietly "We were alone and you could have avoided all of this"

"Hades had to claim someone in front of Kassiopeia" he answered gruffly "It was part of the contract"

"Hades had to do that" I said softly "But you didn't. You could have just brought me here on your own"

"And how would you have reacted if I just took you?" he asked, glancing at me.