F O R T Y - N I N E

Sin 

I watched in amusement as my Mate chased my Uncle all the way back to the Matthews Elysium, cursing him out the whole way as he ran after him. 

My Uncle just laughed and gave into Zephyr's chase as he took him on a wild goose chase. 

When I could no longer see them from my perch against the tent, I turned and walked to the bed, sitting on the end and trying to make sense of what the Chief told me. 

My thoughts were interrupted when a muddy Zephyr stalked into out tent and scowled at me. 

"I hate your Uncle" he said "Like really hate him." 

I stifled my laugh "What the hell happened to you?" 

"He led me into a giant puddle of mud that was next to the entrance of the Elysium" he scowled harder "Then he poked out of the entrance and then threw a bucket of freezing water at me." 

As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold the laugh in any longer. 

"He threw water at you?" I snickered "Where did he get the water?" 

"The sick bastard probably had the whole thing planned out" He stripped down to his boxers and my laughter abruptly ended "I think he hates me too." 

"He doesn't hate you" I swallowed thickly, looking away, suddenly feeling shy "At least I don't think he hates you." 

Zephyr let out a chuckle as he headed to the bathroom. 

I sat crisscross on the bed and spoke to him as he started up the shower. 

"He died when I was just a baby" I sighed "And while I loved being able to spend time with him and the rest of my deceased family, I can't help but feel a little sad." 

"Why are you sad Princess?" he asked from the shower. 

"I'm sad because my Dad and Aunt will never get to experience what I have" I frowned, hearing the shower turn off "They miss him the most and I feel bad that I've gotten time with him that they couldn't." 

"Wouldn't you think they would want you to spend time with him?" Zephyr asked, leaning against the bathroom frame "Your family would be happy that you finally got to meet him." 

I groaned, laying back on the bed. 

The bed dipped and I rolled into his steamy body "You think?"

"I know." he grinned down at me, poking at my frown "Now tell me what happened with the Chief?" 

"I can't." I commented. 

"Why not?"