T W E N T Y - O N E

ZEPHYR 

I slid my tongue across her bottom lip, licking away the cool, sweet, and refreshing taste of the pomegranate juice. 

She made a sound in the back of her throat when I nipped her lip and I smiled wickedly into our kiss, the burning in my veins calming down the instant my lips touched hers. 

I kissed her deeper for a second more, savoring the feel of her lips on mine, before I pulled away. 

I pulled back an inch and smiled when I saw that her eyes were closed and she was breathing rapidly. 

"Thanks" I said softly, rubbing the skin of her neck in a soft, circular motion. 

"Uh...." she squeaked, her eyes popping open to reveal the lingering desire and confusion "You're welcome?" 

There was a snicker from our left side and I shot my brother a glare. 

"You" I pointed towards the door "Out. NOW." 

"I'm going" He held up his hands in surrender "Don't get your panties in a twist." 

He walked to the exit but not before grabbing Joey and planting a kiss on her lips. 

She beamed, her eyes finding mine with a triumphant look in them. 

I rolled my eyes and turned my head back to Serenity, who was watching me with an intrigued look on her pretty blush stained face. 

"Why was that drink called the Kiss of Life?" 

I smiled and reached over the bar, grabbing all the ingredients needed to recreate the drink. 

"I am not doing that again" she blushed harder, eyes avoiding mine "Not that it wasn't...uh...unpleasant." 

"Relax Princess" I smiled "Just watch."

I lifted up the drink and, like before, it lit on fire. 

Instead of drinking the Lotus Liquor, I grabbed the other shot glass filled with pomegranate seeds and dumped them into the Liquor. 

When the two ingredients synthesize, the liquor that was on fire immediately froze. 

Serenity's eyes widened in shock. 

"The Lotus concentrate, on it's own, burns the Mucosa or intestinal lining of the body. Making it feel like you're burning from the inside out. Some say it feels like they're dying.  When the pomegranate seeds make contact with the concentrate, a chemical reaction occurs where the juice from the seeds counteract the reaction, thus causing relief."