F O R T Y - E I G H T

SIN☄️

"That's why you couldn't bring someone more experience from my family" I concluded "You needed me." 

 "We have to find the item together" He stated firmly "And once we do, Hades will reinstate our bond." 

Millions of other questions started swirling in my head but before I could voice them out loud, Zephyr pulled me to bed. 

"Come on, my love" he gave me temple a soft kiss "You're exhausted and we have much to prepare for tomorrow in order to find the item quickly." 

"We need to find it tomorrow?" I asked, my heart rate picking up "On the Blood Moon?" 

 "Tomorrow is our deadline" He nodded "All the distractions and interferences from those monsters have condensed our actual searching time." 

He gave me an extra shirt of his and then turned around to give me some privacy. 

I smiled and immediately slipped off my jeans and shirt before climbing back in bed and snuggling close to Zephyr. 

I traced lazy circles on his chest, trying to make myself fall asleep despite the nagging question in my mind. 

Zephyr chuckled and I tilted my chin up to him, wondering what was so funny. 

He gazed down at me with an amused question "Go ahead, ask the question that's on your mind." 

"Do you think he knew?" I bit my lip "About the Blood Moon?" 

"Who knew?" Zephyr asked, his eyes flashing, waiting for me to confirm his suspicions. 

"Hades" I answered "Did you think he knew about the Blood Moon?" 

"I have no doubt that he did" he sighed "I wouldn't put it past him to plan our return on a centennial event." 

"What's going to happen once we give the item to Hades and he returns our bond back to us" I laid my head back on his chest "Will you have to stay here?" 

"I'm done." He murmured in my hair. 

"What?" 

He tilted my head up to meet my gaze "Once that bond is reinstated, we're out of here." 

"What?" I gazed at him in shock "You're going to leave your home?" 

 "This is my last job for Hades" He said, relief lacing his tone "It's time that we starting living our lives. We have lost time to make up for." 

"But....but you're the Prince of the Underworld" I sputtered, my mind not quite understanding what he was saying ""You're Hell's future ruler. Why would you want to come back to me?"