S I X

Sin 

I quickly walked back into the Ballroom, scanning the area for the mysterious Zeph. 

When I couldn't find him, I gave up and headed back outside. 

When I was about halfway through the door, I felt a hand grabbed my wrist. 

My eyes locked with my brother's panic filled gaze. 

"Where have you been?" He asked, dragging me back into the ballroom and through the rowdy crowd "We've been looking for you everywhere!" 

"I needed a break" I said, yanking on my wrist for him to let go "Why were you looking for me?" 

"We're leaving" 

 "Leaving? Why are we leaving?" I asked, not because I was sad that we were cutting the party short but more curious since we never ever leave a party early "Did something happen?" 

His gripped tightened and his jaw locked "We'll talk when we get home" 

"Tris, you're scaring me" 

His eyes softened but his grip never let up. 

"We need to hurry" he said softly "Mom and Dad are waiting for us in a car" 

"But we walked here" I said in confusion "Why would we need a car if our house is like ten minutes away?"

"Dad will explain later Serenity" he said firmly "For now just walk faster" 

My eyes widened at the use of my full name. 

He rarely used it, choosing to call me by my nickname instead because it suited me better, Tristan only used my full name when he was either really upset with me (which was almost never) or when something serious was happening. 

We arrived in front of a black SUV and Tristan opened the door quickly, urging me to get inside. 

When I entered, I was surprised to find both my father and Queen Kassiopeia arguing while my mother and King Rhys stared at their mates in concern. 

"You had no right to hide that from us Kassiopeia!" My father yelled, his face turning red "As your subjects, and especially your family, you should have trusted us enough to tell us about the deal you made!" 

"I couldn't!" Aunt Kassi cried out "It was part of the deal!" 

"BULLSHIT!" Dad roared, slamming his hand on the center console 

"Everyone needs to calm down" Uncle Rhys said calmly "Nothing good can come out of this if we're all fighting"