T H I R T Y - O N E

*View Discretion is advised. I suggest previewing the myth first before reading on. 

Myth: Lycaon Myth

SIN

My boots crunched underneath the dusty gravel as I took in the scenery around me. 

"When I pictured Hell," I commented, looking around the fire wasteland "This is exactly what I had in mind." 

"Thank God it isn't like this" Zephyr laughed "Or else I'd be bored out of my mind." 

I smiled "So I have a question." 

"Uh oh" he looked at me, an amused smile gracing his handsome face "Should I be worried?" 

"It depends." I teased

"On what?" 

"On whether or not you'll answer truthfully." 

"Okay then" he said "Ask away." 

I bit my lip "What did you Dad take from you all those years ago? The time that you were crying? The last time we saw each other " 

He lost his smile "It was nothing..." 

"Hey" I grasped his hand and pulled him to a stop "Don't do that. Don't shut down. If we're going to make this work, you need to be honest with me." 

He brightened "Make this work? You mean..."

I nodded. 

He smiled but then sighed "I...oh look...we're here!" 

I looked at him in confusion "What?" 

"We're here" he pointed to the map in his hands "See." 

I looked to where he pointed and frowned "And where is here exactly?" 

"Um..." he squinted "Arcadia?" 

"Why do you sound so unsure?" 

"Because I've never been to this part of the area" he frowned, looking down at the map "Which is unusual since I've traveled to all parts of hell." 

"Why does this keep happening?" I asked, looking at the town like it was a disease "Why does it seem like Hell is changing from what you know." 

Zephyr's frowned deepened  "You noticed it too?"