T W E N T Y - T W O

SIN

I dragged an unconscious Zephyr into his room and deposited him on (Well, mostly on) the couch in his room. 

I quickly covered him with a blanket before hightailing my butt our of there. 

I don't want to believe it, considering he told me to not believe whatever he said while under the influence, but what he said shook me to my core and brought back memories that I thought were long forgotten. 

I rushed to my room, nearly sighing when I got inside and locked the door. 

I looked at my bed, contemplating whether I should take a shower or just go to bed after the long day that I had. 

The shower won, considering that I was too wired at the moment, my brain analyzing every word Zephyr spoke to me since we first met. 

I sighed, letting the bathroom fill up with steam before jumping inside the shower. 

After nearly ten minutes of hot water streaming down my back, I couldn't get his words out of my mind. 

"You're my little Phoenix" he said "Pulling me from the ashes before I have the chance to lose myself completely." 

Knowing that this was going nowhere, I hopped out of the shower and decided to get ready for bed. 

Only, after I was finished with my nightly routine, I found myself staring up at the ornate ceiling. 

"ARG!" I growled, throwing the blankets off of me and jumping off the bed to pace the expansion of my room "WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER EVERYTHING?" 

I remember, vaguely, saying those words to someone but whenever I tried to picture that someone's face, there is always a blur. 

I also remember spending time, when I was younger, with a kid my brother's age but my parents told me that I was always off playing on my own with my imaginary friend. 

I paused 'Unless he wasn't my imaginary friend." 

"Ugh!" I fell back into bed as a migraine started to emerge, making my right eye see auras "I just want answers!" 

Which I did. 

But unless I was willing to wake up a drunk and frisky Zephyr with babies on the brain, I wouldn't be getting those answers tonight. 

So I took a deep breath, willing for sleep to take over. 

Which it did. 

And boy, did it bring my memories with it.