s3 e11: "i'm just scared to lose them"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'LL
BE, BUT I KNOW YOU'LL
BE MY EVERYTHING ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

"𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐥"

"𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐥"

five. unknown, brown stain on the ceiling, cupboards full of AQUASONIC 100, maternity breastfeeding poster, hand sanitizer dispenser, and a blood pressure monitor hanging to my left.

four. pillow behind my head, sides of the examination couch, stomach, and jackson.

jackson's eyes — which had been trained on arizona since the moment she started the exam — quickly flicked down below him to kelsey's hand that had flipped up, her palm now facing the ceiling with her fingers stretching backwards. he looked up at his wife's face, sliding his hand onto hers and locking their fingers, giving her hand a tight squeeze.

three. ticking from the analog clock hanging across the room, jackson's light, anxious breaths, and heartbeats coming from the doppler monitor.

heartbeats coming from the doppler monitor.

the very familiar sound had kelsey snapping her head to her right, a small gasp leaving her lips as she watched arizona close her eyes, letting out a small sigh of relief.

"is that—is that both of them, is that both heartbeats?" kelsey looked over at her rightfully anxious husband, gripping his hand tighter as her tears quickly clouded her vision.

"that's both of them. that's our babies" jackson exhaled the nervous breath he'd been holding captive in his chest as his head dropped so his forehead rested against his and kelsey's conjoined hands.

"wait, then why is she bleeding?" kelsey's head turned to her right again, watching her doctor give her a small, almost non-existent frown, grabbing the right corner of the monitor and pushing it to face the couple anxiously waiting for her answer. the black and grey image displayed across the screen brought a smile to kelsey's face, a smile she hadn't given anything related to her pregnancy since she finally opened up to jackson about her fears of being pregnant. she couldn't keep her eyes off the two cherry sized blobs resting at the bottom of the sacs keeping them safe from the broken world they would enter in due time, oblivious to the anxieties they've given their parents.

"you have a subchorionic hemmorhage right here, above baby b. it's not too large to where it should cause any problems but it's not that small either"

"well, how do you fix it?"

"i can prescribe her dydrogesterone that would be taken everyday for the next two weeks but i am putting you on a moderate activity restriction for the next three days. no intercourse, no tampons, no stairs"