s1 e20: "you're triple board certified!"

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍?"
kelsey asked as she walked up to mark and jackson in the hallway.

"jackson here yelled at a patient and a paramedic, the two people you don't want to piss off"

"why would you do that?"

"i'm sorry, alright. i've just been so tense studying for the boards"

"we've been studying for the boards. you'll be fine" mark assured.

"i can't do fine, i have to do great. i'm an avery" jackson said, causing kelsey to send him a sympathetic smile. mark moved behind kelsey and put his hands over her ears.

"are you getting any?" he said, though she could still hear him, causing her to gasp.

"mark!"

"did you just ask me if i'm getting any?"

"when was the last time?" he asked, causing kelsey to smack his hands off of her ears.

"there's no time for....that" jackson said, causing kelsey to frown and look down at the floor.

"there's always time" mark said with a smirk, making kelsey roll her eyes and walk away.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍?"
derek asked miranda as he stood on the opposing side of her and kelsey at the OR table.

"i have no idea what might be fun"

"a play date. with zola and tuck"

"oh, um, well tuck's five and zola's what? one?"

"one and a quarter, but it's more like she's three. she's very mature" he said with a proud smile.

"well playing for tuck means throwing things, breaking things, shooting things at people. i don't think zola wouldn't survive a play date with tuck"

"yeah, it's probably not a good idea. forceps, please"

"there's got to be some kids down at day care closer to her age, even if they aren't as advanced" miranda joked

"yeah. i just think it might be nice if she could hang out with kids who have the same, uh, same roots" he said, making kelsey raise her eyebrow and look up at miranda.

"roots?"

"you know"

"you're saying she needs more black kids to play with?" kelsey asked

"i just don't want her to feel out of place. livingston. you and avery seem to be....close. you two could have a kid and it'll be close enough to zola's age" derek said with an obvious smile that could be seen through his mask.

"i thought we agreed you didn't see me" kelsey said through a slight chuckle.

"i'll take them on the weekends?"

"we're not having kids anytime soon, dr. shepard"

"eh, worth a try"

"𝐈 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐌𝐄?"
kelsey asked as her and jackson laid in an on-call room, her laying with her head on his chest and leg draped his across his waist and his arms wrapped around her shoulders, his right hand gently stroking up and down her arm.

"hunt's out, so mark's interim chief for the day and apparently we're the only residents he can trust to help him make sure the day goes according to plan"