s1 e10: "i don't know what i'd do without you"

𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐭 😬

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊"
lexie said as she grabbed the coffee pot and started pouring into her thermos.

"what?"

"for your wedding. people take a picture, put it in the scrapbook, then write a cute little message to you and jackson"

"here we go again" kelsey said with a smirk, swinging her bag over her shoulder. "i don't know why you're so stuck on the idea of me and jackson getting married" kelsey said, digging around in her bag for her wallet.

"look up, smile!" lexie beamed, draping her arm around her shoulders, pushing her cheeks together with her hand. kelsey looked up to see lexie holding her phone in the air in her right hand with the screen facing them.

"what. are you doing?" kelsey mumbled with a smile as lexie kept her cheeks smushed.

"taking a photo. it'll be the first one in the book" kelsey took her left hand and did the same to lexie.

"great. you've just agreed you're marrying jackson" lexie said, tapping some things on her phone before putting it into her back pocket.

"no.....i did not" kelsey laughed, looking down at lexie's message of the picture.

to mr and mrs avery

kelsey smiled and shook her head, grabbing her keys before walking out of the door.

"𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍"
jackson greeted as he walked past kelsey to his cubby.

"you're still on that? i feel like i have to give you a nickname name" kelsey said, sliding her lab coat over her shoulder.

"you could call me husband?"

"you just don't stop do you?" kelsey said with a smile as she walked over to him.

"do you want me to stop?" he asked, stepping towards her in two steps, closing the gap between them.

"guess that's a no" he said, slowly leaning down, only to be stopped by kelsey's pager.

"duty calls" she said, continuing to stare into his eyes before turning on her heels, checking her pager as she walked away with a smile.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃?"

"ruby kendall, age 9. fever, tenderness over mcburney's point" kelsey, explained, handing arizona the x-rays.

"all right, appendix. let me check your belly. oh, yeah. you have a very angry appendix"

"that's surgery? she needs surgery?"

"yes, she does, but the good news is, it's the easiest surgery in the world i mean, she's a baby surgeon and she could do it" arizona said, pointing to kelsey.

"wait, you're gonna let me do it?" kelsey asked, a smile forming on her face.

"you're going to let her do the surgery?"

"oh, no, no, no. no. no, of course not. i'm gonna do it. i'm kinda fabulous at it. and, ruby you, are gonna be outta here by tomorrow with a teeny, tiny little scar and a very good excuse to have your parents feed you ice cream every night of the week" arizona said, earning a smile out of the little girl. "dr. livingston, admit her to peds and make sure she's comfortable while we get an OR"