s1 e9: "nothing is going on between me and avery"

"𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐖𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑?"
kelsey asked as she walked up to alex and meredith in the lobby.

"not you too" alex groaned.

"ah. aaron, kelsey livingston" meredith said as she introduced the two to each other.

"it's nice to meet you, dr. livingston. i'm aaron karev"

"oh, my god. you're so nice. he's so ni—why can't you be nice like your brother—angel spawn?"

"why can't you?"

"what? i am nice, i am the nicest of nice—i am the nicest person you'll ever meet"

"oh my god, she's like arizona reincarnated" meredith said with a laugh.

"yeah i know, it's freaking annoying" kelsey chuckled before looking down at her beeping pager.

"gotta go. it's the pit"

"𝐃𝐑. 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘. 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐃'𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄. 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒"

"you okay?" kelsey asked as she watched dr. webber walk away.

"i told a patient's husband that...she was fine, that her surgery went perfectly. and the next thing we know, she has a stroke, and we are supposed to just unplug her. and i know—i know that i am supposed to toughen up, i know that i am supposed to not care, but how....h-how do you not care?" kelsey signed and clicked her pen, putting it back into her lab coat pocket.

"it's the hardest part of the job....the very hardest part"

"how did you do it? how did you learn? i'm pretty sure it's even harder with kids"

"i'm still learning. just like you're gonna learn from
this. you'll come out the other end stronger" she said before closing her chart and picking it up.

"find your fire, lexie!" she projected as she walked away.

"𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋"

"an exhausted angel, it's damn near 12 o'clock in the morning" kelsey said through a yawn as she stepped into the apartment.

"livingston. what are doing here?"owen asked as he emerged from the kitchen. 

"meredith's busy and cristina needed a blow dryer"

"blow dryer? i'm pretty sure callie and arizona have a blow dryer"

"yeah but they're fighting i don't wanna get in the middle of that"

"i'll get it, i'm heading out" kelsey said in response to the continuous ring of the doorbell and knocking.

"night" cristina called out, heading towards her bedroom.

"london! thank god your here. yang, you got a suture kit?"

"uh, yeah"

"where's robbins?"

"uh, in there" callie said, pointing to the bedroom door.

"robbins!"

"what's going on?"

"wait, two. i need two suture kits!"

"why is he screaming?" robbins asked as she emerged from the bedroom.

"baby. now!"

"why are you—" callie was interrupted by the sound of screaming coming from across the hall.