s3 e12: " i don't want to think about you dying anytime soon"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ FAMILY. FOREVER, FOR
ALWAYS, NO MATTER
WHAT ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎
─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

𝟑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"𝐨𝐡, 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧!" the six-month expectant women sung as she let the white dress bag holding her light pink bridesmaid's dress lay abandoned at the bottom of the steps, trudging up the carpeted steps with one hand situated under her bulbous midsection as the other gripped tightly onto the railing to help pull herself up to the next step, stopping at the top of the staircase to catch the breath she frequently lost while navigating through her day-to-day life. tipping her head up after not hearing a response, she walked forward with furrowed brows, peaking down the hall to her left to see their bedroom door wide open, bright white light from the window on the wall opposite of the door splayed across the tan-carpeted flooring.

"jackson?" the sound of a hard tool rapping against another object coming from the room adjacent to theirs caught her attention, sending her to waddle towards the room holding the source of the noise. slowly pushing the door forward with her index finger, kelsey let a smile grace its way upon her lips at the sight of a slightly exasperated jackson squatted on the floor, staring down at the set of instructions in his hands, black earbuds blasting a tune indistinct to kelsey's ears. jackson looked up from his project when he seen a figure walking towards him out of his peripheral and was met with the sight of kelsey's dark blue t-shirt covered belly greeting him, putting a smile on his face as he pulled the earbuds out of his ear and let them hang over his t-shirt collar.

"hey. didn't hear you come in"

"you built this?"

"yeah—twice, actually. i'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the directions" kelsey smiled down at the dark brown piece of furniture, rounding the side to slowly plant herself in the cushioned seat, letting out a relieved moan as pressure slowly released itself from her feet.

"it's perfect. you did a good job" the praise left her mouth with a smile as she ran her hands along the smooth surface of the armrests while the two shared a mutual loving gaze.

"can you help me up? your kids are pretty heavy" jackson smiled at the grabbing motion she made with her hands, letting the rocking chair instructions drop from his hands and float to the ground so he could grab a hold of her hands, placing his on the small of her back as she held onto his elbows.

"you, are going to be a great daddy, jackson" kelsey spoke with fondness, leaving jackson to tip his head down with a smile gracing upon his lips as tired hands made their way to the sides of kelsey's swollen belly and an almost silent 'thanks' fell off his lips.

"of course," she replied, placing a kiss to his hairline. "now come on. avery babies want food"

"cheesebur-"

"don't say it out loud!" she said with a whine, stopping with her hand on the door handle to give her husband a small frown, watching his enjoyment from it as he leaned my down to place a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"you love them, you can admit it" he smirked, closing the door behind him as kelsey began to speed walk — as fast as her swollen legs would take her — away from him.

"god, i hate you"

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧?" kelsey's gaze over the rustic-styled wedding reception was broken by the corny pick-up line that of course came from none other than her husband, smirking at him as he placed a glass of water down in front of her, sipping from his own glass filled with an intoxicant from the mini bar.