s2 e10: "she would've loved you"

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐬"

meredith said as her, cristina, and kelsey stared up at the newly installed camera above their heads, an addition to the changes alana had been making to their hospital over the last few weeks.

"they're all over the C.C.U. Next they'll be in the ORs, the hallways, the on-call rooms" kelsey said, causing the three to cringe.

"we're being spied on. who knows what evil lurks behind that electronic eye" cristina said as she glared at the camera.

"good morning dr. yang"

"big brother knows my name" cristina whispered.

"big brother can see your name tag" kelsey said, pointing at her name tag.

"excuse me" cristina said to the camera as she covered her name tag and turned around. kelsey smiled and shook her head at meredith before following cristina out, heading to the OR where the attendings were paged for a mandatory meeting.

"the cameras are not here to spy on you. they are here to supplement you. on the other side of the camera is a remote physician, an extra set of eyes to help reduce mistakes, improve patient care, and maximize physician hours...."

"you okay?" kelsey looked up to see jackson standing in front of her.

"yeah. is it over?"

"yep. you zoned the whole thing out?" jackson asked with a small chuckle as they walked out of the OR.

"yeah. i just can't believe she wants to shut down the ER. we have trauma surgeons, how are they gonna be trauma surgeons without an ER? how does owen feel about it?" kelsey asked cristina.

"doesn't care. says he's not gonna do anything about it until it actually happens"

"well it's happening"

"he can't be a trauma surgeon without an E.R. is he gonna leave town? 'cause if you go with, i'm screwed. i'm kind of depending on your rent check"

"way to make it all about you"

"the ER is not going to close. derek has a plan" meredith assured.

"where is derek?" kelsey asked

"he spent the night with kepner" kelsey raised her eyebrows before shaking it off. kelsey kissed jackson's cheek before breaking away from the group and heading towards the OR she would be operating in for the next 5+ hours.

"where is the first cut made murphy?" kelsey asked as the two walked out of the scrub room and stood in front of the scrub nurses.

"on the side of the chest between the ribs"

"and what's the next step?"

"you'll close the fistula between the esophagus and windpipe, then insert a gastronomy tube"

"good. you wanna make the first cut?" kelsey asked as they reached the table.

"seriously?"

"i think you can do it. do you?"