s2 e3: "i just....have this feeling"

"𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐧𝐧"

kelsey groaned as they walked down the hallway.

"what? it's a legitimate reason"

"you staying in seattle just for me isn't a legitimate reason"

"you're saying you don't want me to stay?"

"of course i want you to stay but all of these places want you. you have the chance to go show them your talent"

"they don't want me. they want my name. at least if i stay here i'm not known for just my name and i still get to be around you" he said as they walked down the main staircase to the hallway.

"jackson, if i have to i will throw you on a plane myself" he chuckled before looking down at his beeping pager.

"i gotta go, i'll see you later. remember to rest your voice" he said before kissing her and walking away.

"hey" lexie said as she walked up next to kelsey.

"guess what?" she excitedly asked with a smile. "me and jackson had sex for the first time last night" she whispered, causing lexie's eyes to widen.

"oh my god are you serious?" she asked with a smile as they stopped walking. "how was it?"

"it. was. amazing!" she said with a smile.

"you're all grown up!" lexie said, wrapping her arms her neck in a hug, causing kelsey to laugh. when they pulled away, lexie sighed.

"what's wrong?"

"i um. i told mark i love him last night"

"and what happened?"

"julia happened. she came before he could say anything and they went home together. i poured my heart out to him and then went home and cried to derek about it. i'm pathetic" she said, shaking her head and looking down at the ground.

"hey. you are not pathetic, lexie. think of that as your closure. i know you don't want to but it might be time to move on. you told him how you feel and he will either come back to you or he won't. either way it goes, you deserve to be happy, whether that's with mark or not"

"but now i have to leave for boise with him in a few minutes and i really don't want to screw this up because i can't stop thinking about him" kelsey gave her a smile.

"find your fire, lexie" lexie said with a smile and playfully eye roll.

"exactly. this surgery is huge and your name is going to be on it. this isn't about mark, this is about you and the amazing surgeon you are. you are going to show boise who doctor alexandra caroline grey is" lexie laughed.

"i love you kelsey" she said, tightly wrapping her arms around her neck.

"i love you lexie" she responded as she hugged her back. when she pulled back, she wiped the few tears that fell from lexie's face.

"you're gonna make me cry" she said, causing the two of them to laugh before hugging again.

"now go knock 'em dead. not literally!" kelsey said due to lexie's widened eyes, causing them to laugh before going their separate ways.

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐲"

jackson greeted as he walked into the attendings lounge, handing kelsey a cup. kelsey smiled and took it from him, taking a sip and immediately scrunching her face and looking at him, covering her mouth with her hand.