s1 e19: "can we just forget about it?"

"𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄. 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘"

"what? our boards are coming up, wouldn't it be smarter to work on specialties we're going into?" cristina asked, twirling a pen in her fingers as she spun side to side in her chair.

"while that is true, you all came into this program for a well-rounded education which means you need to know how to work in other specialties. with that being said, kepner you're with webber, yang with bailey, avery with altman, grey with sloan, little grey with robbins, karev with shepard, and livingston you're with torres" owen stared, clipping his own back in the clipboard once he finished.

"i made sure you were put on callie's service today and you need to impress her but don't worry, i talked you up to her last night" arizona said with a smile as she walked up to her once she left the conference room.

"any reason in particular?"

"because, she has a study method that will guarantee you pass your boards, but if you want her to help you you're gonna have to show her what i see in you. got it?"

"yes ma'am"

"good. now go make me proud" she smiled before kelsey went to find callie.

"dr. torres—"

"here's how this is gonna work, i talk and you listen. you are here because you and your little pals are all freaked out about oral boards and dr. robbins suggested that callie torres might have a special secret study method, right?" she asked as they walked through the hallway.

"yep"

"well, dr. robbins is correct. callie torres does have a study method, an excellent study method, and i'm  not about to just give it away. callie torres' study method has to be earned. frankly, she's not sure if kelsey livingston has what is takes"

"kelsey livingston definitely has what it takes" she confidently said with a smile as they put on their gloves and walked into the ER. kelsey looked around the ER and noticed a group of people surrounding a patient bed.

"for her sake kelsey livingston better hope she's right, because today is gonna be a grind. excuse me, coming through" callie said as they walked through the group of people. a smile immediately made its way to kelsey's face as she got a clear view of the patient.

"a grind. really?" nicole mumbled to callie.

"it's a meat grinder. oh, whatever like you weren't thinking it too" callie said to her. after kicking everyone out beside the patient's brothers, they begin to examine him.

"hang in there dom"

"yeah, you're looking good bro, real good"

"you're lying tommy. i look like sopressata" their patient said before groaning in pain.

"don't worry dominic, we just gave you some drugs for the pain, you're going to start to feel better real quick"

"okay"

"are you thinking amputation dr. torres?"

"i don't know, you tell me"

"what?"

"you tell me dr. livingston, does this look like an amputation to you?"

"well of course it's a possibility—"

"amputate. no you can't, i need my hand. tommy, don't let them take my...."dominic before passing out.

"whoa, is he?"