s1 e13: "i think i need a little more convincing"

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈'𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘" kelsey said to lexie as she let her curls loose from the bun she was wearing. the two were currently in april's room who was downstairs making breakfast after spending the night, due to the two being so tired that they thought they wouldn't make it back to the apartment.

"neuro? what happened to peds?"

"stark is a mess. i hate working with him. i just have to do it before alex tries and leaves or else i'll be stuck with hi—" she was interrupted by an all of a sudden loud screaming.

"who is that?" kelsey asked as he two got up and walked out of the room. they made it over to his room and opened his door, seeing him tossing and turning while screaming.

"jackson. stop" lexie said, unsuccessfully stopping him as he continued to scream. kelsey walked over to the bed.

"stop! hey, hey, jackson" kelsey said, grabbing his arm.

"what?" he asked, looking around with wide eyes.

"i'm sorry, but you need to take something" lexie tiredly spoke with squinted eyes.

"where's charles? charles. where's charles?" he said, obviously still in a sleeping state.

"hey. hey. stop. it's lexie. wake up" lexie, said grabbing his ankles. jackson looked at her before turning and looking at kelsey. he looked down and blinked a couple of times before moving his covers off of him.

"time for work?" he said, getting out of his bed.

"yeah, just about" kelsey responded, looking up at lexie. he grabbed a towel and walked out of the room, leaving the two confused.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐎𝐑.

"did you just yawn? was that a yawn?" mark asked with his attention on april, who covered her mouth with her hand.

"don't tell us your tired after getting to sleep all day"

"it's not as easy as it sounds" april said in defense of herself.

"not easy? not e—when i was a resident i actually worked for a living. i did every other night call for five years" miranda explained

"there were days that i didn't go home 72 hours. i loved it" stark added from behind them.

"as you trudged through the snow while you whittled your own scalpels" alex mumbled, causing kelsey, jackson, and lexie to snicker.

"sorry. i didn't quite catch that, karev" stark said, glaring up at him.

"uh, karev i need you to follow up on my post-ops and here. take this research. divide out all the fistula cases"

"avery and little grey, hunt is waiting for you in the pit"

"all right. try not to screw up our patients. good night and good luck"

"gonna be over at the bar. try not to need us"

"dr. grey? shepard's wife? you and livingston are with me tonight"

"yes"

"good. i heard you're good. listen, i'm late for dinner, so, um, i made a list of my patients, their protocols. basically, everybody's stable. just try and keep 'em that way" he said with a wave of his hands before turning around and making his way towards the elevator.