s2 e1: "you're not done making me proud, button"

» [ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ᴄᴏsʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋᴇʀ ʙʏ ᴘsᴀᴘᴘ] « 1:41───〇───2:47
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻
________________________________
nobody knows
where they might
end up
nobody knows....

"no no no no no get me a gurney, a neck brace, and a portable ultrasound, right damn now! and somebody check tyler!"

"kelsey. kelsey, it's lexie. you can't die okay?"

"where's my damn gurney?!"

"sweetheart, it's jackson. i'm here, i'm right here. you stay with me, okay?"

nobody knows
where they might
wake up
nobody knows....

┊͙♥ ♥ ♥┊͙
𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧
𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞
𝐎𝐑 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲.

"she's gonna be okay. she's our person. she has to be" lexie spoke after a while, caressing the four-leaf clover pendant sitting on her chest with her thumb as she stared blankly at the floor beneath them. jackson glanced down at kelsey's lab coat in his hands, caressing his thumb over the newly added elephant patch above her name, curtesy of arizona. reaching into one of the pockets, he smiled before pulling the contents out. six peanut butter cups. he extended his arm out in front of lexie, offering them to her who took them with a smile.

"thanks" she softly replied as she unwrapped one. reaching into the opposing pocket, he pulled out her phone and took a look at her lock screen: her and two girls who he presumed where her cousins sitting on a couch, hugging each other while smiling. as he let out a sigh, he unlocked the phone with his fingerprint and went to her contact list, clicking on the name he was searching for and raised the phone to his ear.

┊͙♥ ♥ ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐧𝐱 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐲"

"and brain activity?"

"um....derek said she's showing minimal signs of it. we can't guarantee when or.....if she'll wake up since we don't know how long she went without oxygen flowing to her brain. the fact that she's showing even a little brain activity is a good sign though" mark explained as they walked in front of her room. the blinds on the big window and the small window of the door were closed, leaving their imaginations to think of what their person looked like on the other side of the door. "here. bailey's mandating them" mark said, handing the two a pair of gloves and a mask each. "she has tubes...."

"we know" lexie said with a nod, looking up at jackson.

"you go first" jackson said to lexie before walking towards the nurse's desk, leaning against it with his arms crossed has he let out an exhausted sigh. lexie inhaled a deep breath before placing her hand on the handle. exhaling, she shut her eyes and quickly walked in, shutting the door behind her.