s2 e8: "i fell in love with you, jackson avery"

"𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝"

"no. it's not him" kelsey mumbled while shaking her head.

"number two, step forward"

"nope" she answered, popping the p, going up on her toes before coming down.

"number three"

"no"

"number four"

"no. it's not five either. he's not here" she told the detective, looking at him before up at jackson.

"we had police officers meet with your chief of surgery and got some information on him. when we find anymore brandon miller's we'll call you back to identify him" kelsey sent him a small smile before walking past him to leave the precinct.

┊͙♥┊͙
"𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐦?"

jackson calmly asked as they walked into the apartment, dropping his keys on the counter.

"because he wasn't there" she said in an obvious tone, kicking off her shoes and plopping down on the large leather couch.

"you sure? or did you lie just to get out of there?" he asked as he slowly strolled over to her.

"what?"

"you told me at the hospital you weren't attacked when you clearly were so why should i believe you when you said he wasn't there when he probably really was?"

"jackson" she started, shaking her head and sighing. "i wasn't....attacked, okay?"

"kelsey you were! why do you keep saying that?"

"because i wasn't! there are people who get beaten, and beaten, and beaten, sometimes 'til they're dead. they were attacked. not me. i still get to eat my favorite foods, and hug my loved ones, and laugh. they don't"

"kelsey" jackson started before sighing, sitting next to her and taking her hands in his. "when we found you....i thought you were dead. we didn't know how long you had been there or what else he did to you i-..... i thought i lost you" he said, bring her hands to his mouth and kissing her knuckles, letting his lips rest on them. "you were attacked, kelsey. that man is still out there and he needs to pay for what he did to you"

"okay. but i'm okay, jackson. really. i'm okay"

"i know" she pulled away from him and pushed his upper body back, laying bridal style in his lap. she wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed his cheek before softly kissing his lips.

"i'm okay" she assured once more, caressing his cheek with the back of her index finger. he wrapped his arms around her back, holding her torso close to his before he let out a sigh.

"i know"

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐝𝐮𝐧, 𝐝𝐮𝐧, 𝐝𝐮𝐡-𝐝𝐮𝐧"

kelsey sung with a happy smile as miranda walked up to her and callie at the main desk.

"don't"

"dun, dun, duh-dun" callie followed suit. "dun, dun, duh-dun, duh, duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun" the two continued to sing in unison, causing miranda to turn around and start to walk in the opposite direction of the two.