s1 e4: "in your wildest dreams, avery"

"𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆—𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐄" kelsey said as she was flashing her light into the small girl's mouth.

"and my foot?" she said as she held up her foot.

"oh yeah. about three months ago?" kelsey asked her parents and she held the small girl's foot in her hand.

"just a little. we took her to county hospital and she got the CT scan which showed her—"

"brain abnormality" kelsey finished as she looked down at the young girl playing with her light. "here you can put it here" she said, laying her clipboard down some so the girl can flash the light on it.

"and the twitching has gotten worse?"

"a lot worse. they just don't have the proper equipment to figure out what's wrong"

"ah" kelsey said as the girl now flashed the light in her mouth, mimicking what she did to her earlier.

"you did a good thing—yes your mommy and daddy. you did a good thing by coming all this way mr. and mrs. hayes. you sit tight jamie, okay? i'm gonna bring in dr. shepard to see you. okay?"

"dr. shepard"

"dr. shepard. okay?" she repeated back to the girl with a smile before standing up.

"he's the brain specialist" she informed the parents before heading towards the door.

"doctor?" she heard, making her stop in her tracks in the frame of the door and turn around.

"is he good this, dr. shepard?"

"at just about everything" she said with a smile before turning around to go find dr. shepard.

"𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐈𝐙𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐒. 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐑𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍?"

"yes sir i've already checked and it's available"

"good"

"doctor, is she gonna need surgery?"

"i don't know yet"

"well it's just that my wife and i we both work and i don't know if our insurance—"

"we know it can be very expensive"

"i don't want you to worry about that" he's said. the two doctors looked down at jamie's leg as it started shaking erratically.

"it's a focal left side seizure" kelsey stated.

"right, let's get that diazepam on her right now please"

"diazepam I.V please" kelsey asked the nurse.

"hey jamie here's what were gonna do. we're gonna put this on your arm okay? isn't that fun?" derek said while working to get the diazepam I.V. drip working. kelsey watched as her leg stopped shaking once the nurse pushed the syringe down.

"it's amazing stuff isn't it? hey you like spaceships?"

"yeah"

"you do? okay. should we take captain livingston, my first lieutenant, to the spaceship MRI? let's go"

"𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐎'𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘" kelsey sang as she sat down at the table where everyone was sitting, earning a collection of 'what's'.