s1 e8: "oooo do we have a secret admirer?"

⠀» [ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀʀʏ sᴛʏʟᴇs] «
⠀⠀ ⠀  ⠀    ⠀ 1:38────〇───1:51
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀  ⠀   ⠀ ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
____________________________________
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍?"
lexie asked as the two of them walked towards the hospital.

"lexie, if you ask me that one more time i'm gonna kick you out" kelsey joked as she took a sip of her coffee. "tomorrow we can go and look for a mattress. i'm pretty sure there's some valentine's day sale going on at a mattress store somewhere" kelsey said as she scrolled through her phone.

"no mattress store does valentine's day sales"

"done. originally $499 but is now $240, courtesy of this overrated holiday" kelsey said with small smile, showing her phone to lexie.

"what's wrong with it? did somebody like, die on it?" lexie asked as she squinted at the screen, grabbing the phone out of her hand. kelsey laughed and shook her head, taking in the smell of latex gloves and hand sanitizer as they walked through the automatic doors.

"i hate valentine's day" kelsey mumbled as she and lexie walked up the large staircase, looking around at the pink balloons and decorations around the main desk.

"oh cheer up. it's not that bad" lexie said, making kelsey stop in her tracks.

"yeah, you're right. it's terrible" lexie said, earning a nod from kelsey. once they made their way to the resident's lounge, kelsey slipped her bag off of her shoulder and lifted her lab coat, stopping once she seen a heart shaped box of chocolates. furrowing her eyebrows, she sat her bag and lab coat on the bench behind her and picked up the box, flipping up the tab that was sitting on top.

from, avery

kelsey smiled, feeling her heart flutter at the sight of the name.

"who's that from—" lexie started to ask before gasping.

"did that say avery—"

"nope! it didn't say anything!" kelsey exclaimed, quickly grabbing her lab coat and covering the box with it before throwing it back into her cubby.

"oh my god, jackson got you chocolates for valentine's day!" lexie exclaimed, wrapping her arms around her arms in a hug.

"he's....he's probably messing with me. he doesn't mean these"

"we'll just have to see what else he gives you" lexie said, giving her a playfully wink before returning to her cubby.

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓?"
charles laughed as him, jackson, and reed walked down the main corridor.

"shut up"

"come on jackson. i know you can do better than chocolates in a heart shaped box. that's the cliche of all cliches"

"right and what if she's allergic to chocolates or hates them? now you've just killed your girlfriend" reed commented from the left of charles.

"she won't hate them, okay? i got the special edition box so they don't have those nasty ass orange creme ones. everybody hates those"

"hey, i like those" reed said in defense.

"well, everybody normal hates those"

"hey—" charles started but was interrupted by their blaring pagers.

"grandinetti's roof collapsed, we'll be getting more than a dozen. we need all hands on deck" callie said as she pushed past the group.

"grandi-what now?" charles asked as they started rushing to the ER.