s2 e13: "it's just you and me"

"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞--"

jackson started before stopping in the doorway, dragging out the 'e'.

"if you're coming in here to rush me i suggest walking back out avery" kelsey said as she pushed around the clothes hanging up in her closet before grabbing her dress for the evening.

"wow. you look—"

"beautiful, gorgeous, i know now leaaaave" she urged, placing her hands on his chest and pushing him out of the closet.

"i was gonna say your hair looks like a mop and you have 10 minutes to fix it but beautiful works" he joked.

"out avery" kelsey laughed as she pushed him out once more with a laugh.

"okay avery" he said, making sure to put emphasis on the avery, making her smile before turning around to pick up her dress.

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐢 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭"

kelsey said as she held her right cheek with her hand as they walked arm-in-arm towards the building.

"the only downside?"

"well that and the fact that you never let me drink anymore, which i am going to go do while you go talk to owen who looks like he really needs to speak with you" she said with a smile before kissing him and walking into the gala.

"jeez" kelsey mumbled to herself as she took in the circus-themed scenery. giving a quick shudder, she quickly walked over to the bar where cristina and meredith were sitting.

"don't you look stunning" meredith complimented kelsey as she sat down on cristina's left.

"thank you, thank you. uh, a cosmopolitan please" kelsey ordered, giving a small smile to the bartender.

"cosmopolitan? that's a girly drink, where's the kelsey that was mixing whisky and tequila shots at joe's?" cristina asked as she stirred her drink with her straw.

"i'd love to have something stronger but me and jackson have more pictures to take and i really don't want drunken pictures of me on the internet. catherine avery would have my head" she said before sipping from her cocktail glass. "so. how's it feel to finally be surrounded by adults for the first time in weeks?" kelsey asked meredith.

"i just wish i was back at work. but, me and derek have a bet. i don't work, neither does he. it's working out pretty well"

"please. i live in your house, you two are bored out of your minds" callie said as she sipped from her glass. "they've got all of this pent up surgical energy and now everything's a competition"

"it is not"

"and he's winning" callie added with a smirk.

"he is not winning. he couldn't even get zola to put her shoes on tonight i did that, i got her to put her shoes on. so i'm winning" meredith proudly stated. "i really need to get back to work" meredith sighed, earning nods from the three women.

"hors d'oeuvres ladies?" a waiter in a clown mask asked as he walked up to them. after shaking their heads no, the four women erupted in laughter.