s3 e8: "and we're gonna be two kickass parents"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ AND ALL OF A SUDDEN,
I FELT REALLY TIRED. LIKE
THE WORLD HAD DRAINED ME
FOR EVERYTHING THAT I HAD ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───

✧ 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 ✧
𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚡𝚒𝚎 𝚍'𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚘
𝟶:𝟻𝟹 ──〇───── 𝟹:𝟶𝟿
⇄  ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

"𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.....𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐥, 𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡" jackson slightly rambled with a smile as he strolled into their bedroom carrying a large bed tray holding all of the breakfast items he just named. kelsey let out a small sigh, not bothering to open her eyes or pull the cover from over her head.

"come on babe, time to wake up" he softly spoke, placing the tray on kelsey's bedside table that he cleared before he prepared her breakfast.

"i'm not going in to work today" she mumbled, readjusting to make herself more comfortable. right after her shift ended at nine o'clock yesterday, she went and told owen she'd be taking the next three days off. he of course understood, but if she was being honest, she didn't know when she'd go back into work. she never took days off of work besides the day of her and jackson's wedding and the two weeks for their honeymoon, so she had plenty of personal days just stacked up. she didn't have the energy to do anything. eat, talk, pee, vomit — because she definitely was still nauseous, walk. only thing she could was lie in bed and sleep, and she could barely do that. from the childhood memories that were slowly creeping its way from its spot in the back of her mind to the nauseous feeling that she was really getting sick and tired of, all she could do was just lie there and blink.

"i know, but you still need to eat something"

"i'm not hungry"

"i get that, kelsey and i get that you're not feeling well but that doesn't mean you just shouldn't eat"

"god, jackson, what part of  'i'm not hungry' don't you understand?" she grumbled, pulling the comforter further over her head. she appreciated all of the extra little gestures jackson started doing since their big news two days ago, such as bringing her breakfast and dinner in bed and rubbing her stomach throughout the night in an attempt to ease her nauseousness, she really did, but she felt like he was smothering her at this point. she loved him with her whole heart and more, but she just wished he'd stop hovering over her every second he was around her.

"fine, kelsey. if you're not gonna do it for yourself, at least do it for the baby"

that was another thing. it seemed like all he could talk about was the baby. for the past two days, she'd heard jackson talk about babies more than she heard anyone talk about them at work. like a baby was the only thing they had going on in their life at the moment. but once again, she didn't have the energy for anything, especially not arguing, so she slowly propped herself up, sighing at the large array of food laying next to her. seeing jackson standing ahead of her, waiting to watch her take a bite of anything on the tray in her peripheral view, she picked up the small, white bowl of oatmeal, mentally gagging at the texture of it as she spread the spoon around it, eating a small portion off the tip of the spoon.