s3 e6: "we need to talk about what just happened"

☁︎·̩͙✧ ❝ OH, WHAT A SWEET LITTLE
SURPRISE YOU TURNED
OUT TO BE ❞ ✧·̩͙☁︎

─── ∙ ~𑁍~ ∙ ───
"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬"

"don't 'hey gorgeous' me" kelsey snapped, glaring at him at she blew into her fourth tissue within the last minute.

"you know i can call off right? stay here and take care of you?" he reminded while carefully placing a wooden bed tray in her lap loaded with a small bowl of fruit, a small plate with two pieces of buttered toast lying on top of one another, a glass of orange juice, and a new box of saltine crackers, all accompanied by a single white rose in a thin, white vase.

"no. you got me sick, go away" she whimpered, taking the tray and placing it next to her before pulling the thick comforter over her body.

"come on sweetheart, don't be like that" jackson said, taking the glass of orange juice and sitting it on the bedside table. "i gotta go, just call me if you need anything, okay?" he instructed, leaning down with his hands on either side of her head.

"no! if you get sick again i'm not taking care of you!" she whined, throwing the cover over her head as she let out a sneeze. then another one. and then another one, followed by a small whine of agony.

"i'll call to check up on you in a few" he informed in a low voice, rubbing the top of her head before picking up his work bag and exiting the room, quietly pulling the door close.

"these damn saltines" she grumbled as she came from under the covers and sat up, snatching the box off of the tray and opening it before placing a hand on her stomach.

"oh god" she mumbled, quickly tossing the covers to the side and hopping off the bed, making a b-line for the bathroom. thanks a lot, jackson.

                   ☁︎

"𝐝𝐮𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

"in bed, infected as hell" her stuffy voice informed through the phone, a sniffle following suit.

"so much for being immune" alex mumbled with a gruff chuckle.

"shut up, where's cristina and meredith?"

"freaking out. would you two relax, it just became five"

"whatever, evil spawn, where's kelsey?"

"infected"

"put me on speaker!" she expressed as she flipped through channels on the cable box.

"it's charged. it's charged and the ringer is on" she heard meredith frantically announce on the other end.

"does she have on lipstick?" kelsey asked as she made herself comfortable after deciding to watch the simpsons.

"you've gotta put on some lipstick"

"what if...."

"no, it's not possible, catherine avery said that you were on the short list, and your project is innovative"