s1 e5: "i've never told that story to anyone"

"𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐎?" kelsey heard a voice say behind her, causing her to turn around. there stood a shirtless jackson with his now removed shirt in his hands.

"i'm not washing anything avery, i'm looking for my shirt" she said through a slight chuckle. meredith told kelsey her and lexie had gotten drunk last night and she had gotten ketchup on her shirt so she washed it for her to be ready in the morning.

"you don't need one" he said lowly in her ear, making her turn around and come face-to-face with him. he came one small step closer to her and brought his face down so now his face was hovering over hers. jackson looked down at her lips then back up at her eyes in one swift motion before slowing leaning in.

"oh! i'm sorry" they heard a voice say behind, along with the sound of a loud thud which made them jump back from each other.

"i just came to—" april started

"i'm just gonna borrow one of—okay" kelsey said, walking out of the basement and back upstairs.

"𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍" richard told kelsey as they were scrubbing out of their first
surgery of the day.

"thank you chief" kelsey said with a smile before looking back down at her arms in the big scrub sink. webber invited her to scrub in on a cholecystectomy early this morning and they just successfully finished and closed.

"you're still interested in pediatrics, obstetrics, and neonatal?"

"yes sir i am"

"well that's good. i think you'd do good in general though, or even trauma or ortho. you're one of the few residents i've ever had get recommendation phone calls. from two excellent surgeons at that"

"i really like trauma and ortho but i love the three specialties i'm heading towards"

"well it's good that you know what you want. offer's still up if you want it though"

"𝐊𝐄𝐏𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏!"

"oh. hey....kelsey" april greeted with an awkward smile.

"i'm sorry. about what you seen this morning—"

"it's fine, it's fine. it's none of my business"

"you haven't....told any one. have you?"

"oh, no. no i won't....i won't say anything"

"good. thank you" she said, sending her a thankful smile before walking towards the general surgery ward.

"you busy?" jackson asked as he walked behind her.

"i'm mad at you" kelsey said, not looking over at him but not holding back her smile.

"why?" he asked amusingly, moving closer to her.

"because. april caught us this morning—she seen—i'm mad at you"

"us?"

"no. no us—shut up!" she said before storming away, hearing him laugh behind her.

"𝐁𝐏 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃. 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎"

"we need to start prepping you too" kelsey said to the mom, removing her stethoscope from her son's back.