s1 e16: "we're just having fun"

"𝐒𝐎 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝐓𝐎𝐎, 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘. 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔. 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔"

"gotta make a big show out of everything" jackson said as he walked up to his mom.

"there's my baby boy. come here" she said, grabbing his face and kissing his cheek"

"hi, mom"

"ooh. you look skinny"

"ah"

"you're not sleeping"

"okay, i'm fine, mom"

"mm-hmm. which one is she? curly hair, right?" catherine asked, looking around the sea of doctors.

"we're not doing this today, okay?"

"oh, maybe the real question is, what kind of name is kelsey?"

"i never told you her name" jackson said, squinting his eyes at her.

"i have my ways. where is she?"

"she's busy"

"dr. avery, sorry to interrupt" mark said as he walked over.

"oh, interrupt, please"

"oh, mark sloan, plastics. the man who doubts"

"listen, i'm all for standing up for the johnson, but this is a transplant, and transplant patients reject organs. now i see a 28-year-old guy who could have a pretty good life with a reconstructed organ that my boy here and i could make tomorrow"

"excuse me. you're working with jackson?"

"i'm mentoring him. he didn't mention it?"

"no, he didn't. first your little girlfriend and now this?" catherine asked, raising her eyebrow at him.

"oh livginston? she's over there, talking to the doctor with the blond hair, great girl" mark said, pointing to where she was talking to arizona. "got a great set of hands, this kid. you should be proud"

"why don't you scrub in with me? and you can tell me all the reasons why"

"i'll be there"

"all right" she said as he walked away.

"can't you just stay out of it?" he sternly asked, crossing his arms.

"he's your mentor. why not get to know the man? now come introduce to this kelsey girl" she said. looking over, they noticed that she and arizona were now gone.

"see? i told you, she's busy"

"whatever" she said, pinching his nose before hugging him once again.

"𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐁 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄𝐘. 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍?"
catherine asked as her, kelsey, and jackson sat in joe's. after april, cristina, then meredith got kicked off, alex forfeited, leaving kelsey and jackson the last two standing.

"pediatrics, obstetrics, and neonatal surgery" kelsey proudly answered with a smile.

"really?" she asked unamused. "don't you think that's a bit much?"

"well, maybe, but i think it can handle it" she assured, still with a smile on her face.

"that's a lot to take on i mean when are you gonna have time to be a women?" kelsey's smile dropped.