s1 e1: "there's no new girl in peds"

"𝐎𝐖, 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋?"
lexie asked, taking her seat next to alex while blocking the toy gun in his hands. "what's wrong with you?"

"now bailey's given up on me, too" jackson grumbled with a frown.

"you're on her service. why are you still freaking out?"

"no, bailey's in surgery. she trusts me to watch her post-op drip fluid into a bag every ten minutes. ow!" jackson mumbled as alex shot him with the toy gun, throwing the ball back at him.

"okay, inappropriate. and stop freaking out. you get an easy day, you take it. shepard didn't need me so i took a nap in the research library. you should try it sometime" lexie told jackson as she took a sip of her drink before getting shot by alex again.

"give me—give it to me" she mumbled, prying it out of his hands and shooting him.

"jerkface"

"check this out—armed escort to get a yogurt" meredith greeted as she walked up to the table.

"okay, who is it? is it bono?"

"it's totally bono it's all over the hospital" april enthused, only to have the idea shut down by meredith. lexie, in response, shot a ball at her stomach.

"not okay" she said, throwing it back at her.

"okay, that's addicting"

"put it away before my guy wrestles you to the ground"

"ahem" the guard behind meredith cleared his throat before taking a step closer to her.

"geez, i'm coming" she stated before turning around and leaving. as the two walk off, lexie shot the guard in the back, making the guard turn around. april turned and faced the other way while jackson pointed at her and moved back. earning an intimidating look from him, she slowly put her hands behind her head.

"we should go shoot these over the landing. everyone'll be so confused" alex laughed, grabbing the toy gun again.

"no. that's so childish. speaking of childish, i have to go up to the peds floor" lexie said as she grabbed the toy gun.

"i thought you were taking it easy?" jackson asked, now back at the table.

"i am. but there's a new resident in peds so i'm gonna go say hi. welcome her to the hospital"

"what? there's no new girl in peds" alex said with a frown.

"yes there is"

"no there isn't if there was a new girl in peds arizona would've told me about her"

"maybe she likes her better than you already" lexie said with a teasing smirk. alex scowled at her before grabbing the toy.

"gimme that" after wrestling her for it, he rolled one of the small ping-pongs in his hand before leaving.

"uhhh what is he going to do with that?" april asked with a concerned expression.

"it's alex. who knows" was all lexie said before making her way up to the peds floor.

"𝐇𝐄𝐘!" lexie happily chirped as she stopped in front of the new doctor who was standing at the desk looking through a chart.

"i'm sorry, was that too happy? i have a tendency of doing that mostly when i'm nervous or i'm keeping a secret along with rambling i ramble a lot which is what i think i'm doing right now" she said as she stopped, considering the amused look on the girls face.